Chapter Forty Four

Jennifer

So, it's been a month since I had Alex and he's just been non stop crying. Pretty much all through the day and all through the night. So far, i've been the only one who has even tried to stop him from crying. Jason, he just sits there and does nothing at all to help. I heard Alex cry from in his nursery, we decided to put him in there last week. I groaned.

"Go sort him out Jennifer." Jason sighed rolling over.

"Don't you think it's your turn?!" I asked with attitude.

"Just go and make him stop crying." I sighed and headed down the hallway. I opened his room and found him lying there crying.

"Whats wrong now baby?" I asked. He cried more, he's probably hungry. For a one month old baby he eats alot. I picked him up out of his cot and carefully walked downstairs, being careful not to make a loud noise that would wake anyone up. Even though I had a screaming baby in my arms. I heated up some of his formula in the microwave.

"Sssh." I said rocking him. The microwave beeped and I got out his little bottle and tested it out on my skin. It was fine. I fed him it and he gulped it all down, then I burped him.

"So you finally got him to stop crying?" Jason asked coming down the stairs.

"Not that I had any help from you." I hissed walking upstairs with Alex in my arms. I got to his nursery and placed him back in the cot and put the blankets over him. Within minutes he was asleep.

"What did you mean by that?!" Jason asked angrily coming into the room.

"Jason shut the hell up he's trying to sleep." I said back.

"No, I want to know what you meant by that!" He demanded. I walked out of the room and into our bedroom. I heard the door open and close.

"Well then?"

"Jason everytime Alex's has cried, you have never once even bothered to get up off your lazy ass. I'm always the one who has to get up in the middle of the night to feed him or change him. Name me one time where you've even tried to help. You'd think I was a single parent." I said, Jason stayed silent. "Yeah exactly, you havent even tried once. Jason i've never been so tired in my life-"

"Well I didnt realise how tiring being a parent was going to be!" He spat back. I rolled my eyes.

"You always have some excuse for everything! How are you even tired?! You never do anything!" I shouted, then he did the unthinkable, the one thing I never thought he would do again.

He Slapped Me.

Jason

"You always have an excuse for everything! How are you even tired?! You never do anything!" I did the unthinkable, and slapped my girlfriend across the face.

"Jennifer, I'm so s-sorry." I stuttered purely shocked by my actions.

"I never thought you'd do that again." She whispered.

"I'm sorry." I could actually feel tears in the rims of my eyes, I've became much softer since Alex arrived. I still remember the first time I beat her, biggest mistake of my life. I looked up and saw Jennifer with tears also rimming her eyes and a handprint on her cheek. "I'm sorry." I repeated.

"But you're not Jason." Was all she said before climbing into bed.

All through the night the only thing I could hear was Jennifer's sniffles.