4| Ice

Spring of 2022
Incheon

This is not coffee. Dami thought to herself about the cup of inedible coffee beans mixed with water, she made for herself. "Oh, I can't take another sip of it." Her face crunched up in bitterness as she hurriedly washed the cup before anyone would mistake it with poison.

After finishing her morning routine, she sat down on her yoga mat. Her activities needed her to keep calm and be composed always but it was probably the thing she was the worst at.

The female took in deep breaths. One would think that she was used to being in front of cameras. Though it was not completely false since she was a familiar face on news channels. But this time she simply forgot about dozens of cameras surrounding her, capturing every moment.

She continued to act like how she would in her own apartment. Jungkook was the first one to get up after Dami on their first day in this unfamiliar beach house. Waking up early had become a habit for him since he had to feed Bam, first thing in the morning. So even though Bam was not there, he could not sleep more after opening his eyes once.

Jungkook came into the living room, just after washing up. His eyes fell on his ex girlfriend who was focused on breathing properly and clearing her mind while closing her eyes and facing the window. Apparently she had heard somewhere that south wind helped to bring peace of mind.

Jungkook scoffed, snickering afterwards. The Dami he knew once did not know when to stop blabbering at all. Even though both of them were the same age, she always seemed to act immaturer than he did.

Despite that, his eyes had this ominous training on finding Dami. He just could not keep them off of her. There was something about her that drew him in every time. No matter how much he tried, he failed to not look at her.

Jungkook kept staring at Dami. The way her fringes fell over her closed eyes made him remember that she looked good in both pulled up and pulled down hair. Her hair that was laying down loosely on her shoulder and was spread over her back reminded him how soft they were touch.

One fact about Jungkook was that he loved Dami's hair and her hazel coloured eyes-after that came her smile which-according to Jungkook-could brighten his mood in one swift second.

Being so close to her reminded him how much he loved her-Dami.

But she hurt me.

She had disappeared off the map with just a single message that asked him to break up with her-the one message that turned his world upside down.

Jungkook forcefully tore his eyes off of her. He went to the kitchen to make coffee for himself. Being awfully frustrated that she could not concentrate on breathing properly, Dami stood up.

Screw you, yoga.

She picked up the yoga mat and headed towards the room, she was in to keep it back. Just then, the huge posters of the six of them caught her eyes. She did not even glance at hers because it was plainly painful for her to watch herself. Without her noticing, she was standing in front of Jungkook's poster.

"What are you looking at?" Taehyung said in his sleepy voice who had just got out of his bed.

"Huh?" Dami looked at his brother, being a little flustered because of standing in the middle of nowhere, doing absolutely nothing.

"A snack?" Jungkook walked towards them with americano in his hand.

"You mean me?" Dami retorted within a brief second. "Thanks but geez don't use such obvious words to show that you are whipped. It's embarrassing."

She stomped off to her room. Jungkook let out a soft chuckle. He gave it a shot which Dami returned with interest. "What did I miss?" Taehyung still could not open his eyes fully.

"Can't live with her for a month with the atmosphere like that, can I?"

"Bro, you yielded." Taehyung wrapped his arms around the youngest. Jungkook pursed his lips, squinting his eyes. "It's always either me or none."

He pulled away. "Should I apologize-you know, on my sister's behalf?"

Jungkook patted his shoulder. "We are fine, hyung."

Jungkook's way of breaking the ice was most likely to be unsuccessful. But it was Dami on the other hand. He did not even need to try more than once with her. It made him regret that he should have tried even earlier.

Jisoo and Y/n also woke up shortly after following Jimin. They were all instructed to gather in front of the sea for their first activity in this private beach.

"Why are we brought here, though?" Dami questioned more to herself as there were no crew or staff of the show-just a bunch of cameras with sensors.

"I know, right? Beach is only fun in summer." Y/n pouted, standing just beside her. Dami first glanced at her. Seeing no hint of fun in Y/n's expression made her laugh out loud.

"Do you know what kind of games we will be playing? I heard that you are the only one among the participants with whom the director personally met to convince," Jisoo said from another side of Dami. She looked ahead to see the boys goofing around with each other before she spoke,

"He did not tell me anything about games or activities. I guess I'm too naive." Jisoo tilted her head to the side. Her eyes were full of doubts. "Are you sure you are not some kind of spy or anything?"

Dami closed her eyes halfway through. "And a spy will do what here?" She shook her head while looking at the front again.

When will this one month end?

________

Vote for the chapter please.

I wanna say I'm really thankful to you guys for reading this story even though it sucks just like Dami's coffee. But can I be selfish enough to ask one more thing? Can you please let me know your opinions through the comments? I so wanna know what y'all think about the characters and the storyline and if you are having fun or not? About me? I've a lot of fun writing it tho!