18| Sakura

Spring of 2022
Beach House, Incheon

"Let's get back together."

The air seemed wretched-giving this ominous vibe that Jungkook could only describe as something which was tearing his heart apart.

"What?" Jungkook's voice raised as his eyebrows scrutinized. He was stunned, angry, upset and mostly hurt. "What did you just say?" He clenched his jaw, struggling to fight against all these emotions-trying to burst out at once.

Dami's throat tightened. It was difficult for her to get any words out after what she had said just then. Will he buy it if I say he should get back with me as a repentance to how he abandoned me during the game? "You said before that you wanted to apologize for how you had overreacted regarding Jisoo."

As an apology, don't engage yourself with that idol anymore.

A brief yet deep sigh left Jungkook's lips which almost sounded as a scoff. His eyebrows twitched. He was upset to the point that the emotion he was experiencing at that moment was of almost plain annoyance.

"Yeah―I apologized before for my actions towards you―not for helping her. But tonight-see what you did. You dragged her into this mess―our mess." His eyes looked hurt-close to welling up. Only the annoyance was keeping him far from doing that. It's such an irony that I'm refusing what I want the most.

"What?" Dami's voice squeaked in disbelief. "I thought you had finally accepted that you were wrong to help her."

Dami was simple. She could simply express what she was feeling. She could even act selfishly and let everyone know about it without feeling a smidge of guilt about it and Jungkook was completely aware of this part of her.

"She had bruised her ankle," Jungkook enunciated every word. "I don't know what language I have to speak in for you to understand that."

Dami lifted one hand. "Oh please, you too know that she was faking it. Also don't expect for me to understand your words at all. It's better this way as there will be no-" She used her fingers to make air quotation marks to say-"Surprises."

Jungkook let out a sigh-looking down, he spoke, "You know what, it doesn't matter anymore because after what you did tonight made me realise that I never should have apologized to you."

"I think you are fine since I am not accepting your apology either."

The dark brown orbs of Jungkook's eyes flickered upwards at Dami. He scorned, laughing bitterly afterwards. "I was stupid for thinking you would be understanding now. You are immature, irrational, obstinate and selfish like you always were."

A feeling of disappointment surrounded him-engulfing his body like a big set of gloomy clouds. Ironically he was disappointed at himself rather than Dami. I wasn't supposed to get involved with her again like this.

I wasn't supposed to say those hurtful things to her. I wasn't supposed to let my feelings get in the way. I wasn't supposed to feel like crying for the fact that she left me and now she is here-so close to me and I still can't tell her how fucking much I missed her.

"Oh yeah?" Dami quirked one eyebrow at him. "You forgot to mention one thing though." She grimaced before saying, "I am dangerously misjudging. I should have mistakenly poured that glass of whiskey on you-not on her insanely expensive-ass-dress."

Dami shoved Jungkook out of her room and slammed the door hard, right on his face. Her legs felt weak. She let herself loosen up, plopping her body down on the floor. The female leaned her back against the door that connected her and Jungkook who was still thunderstruck. "-unless she leaves me like you did."

"-You are immature, irrational, obstinate and selfish like you always were." Dami finally broke into tears-her eyes were reddened from holding it back for the whole time she was arguing with Jungkook.

Is that how you think of me, Jungkook? Even during the time we were in a relationship?

She dropped her head in her palms and sobbed more, letting it all out. You are so mean, Jeon-so fucking mean.

Spring of 2016
Kim's Residence, Daegu

"Date me?"

Jungkook was silent. The buzzing of cricket was seeming to get louder as the moments passed. He was still trying to process if what he heard was right. "The whole day, I-I kept thinking about you and after seeing you here when I came home and again now when I just came out to have some cookies and a little fresh air to hopefully get you out of my mind, you had to come again and ruin-"

"Is it too late to say that I like you?"

Jungkook's cutting Dami's words off made her look at him. "You do?" The male tilted his head and gently smiled. "Since the first time, I saw you." Dami's jaw dropped, making his smile wider.

"Say, Kim Dami." Jungkook kept his hands on either side of the girl whom he had just confessed to. He gripped onto the bench, trapping her figure in between his arms. "Do you like me?"

Dami stared into his eyes, that stared right back into hers holding confidence which was increasing by every second she kept quiet. Jungkook's arrogance was getting on her nerves a bit. So she braced herself before slowly nodding.

"Then you won't mind if I kiss you, right?"

"Huh?"

Before Dami could respond anything, Jungkook connected their lips together. Her lips tasted like the cookies, she was having and it scented like cocoa.

There-sitting on a wooden bench in the porch of the house-Taehyung's little sister grew up in-Jungkook and Dami had their first kiss with each other.

The only witness of the kiss was the cherry blossom tree-standing proudly in the yard.

______

Vote for the chapter please!

I got accepted into a medical school! Wish me luck you guys, so that I can be a great doctor and help people in need.

This was one of the longest chapters. But tbh I lost track of time while writing it. This chapter had a lot with emotions, confrontations, lies, truths, growth, issues with others and oneself-issues in a relationship. Please let me know in the comments section if you liked it. Ch. 18 is undoubtedly one of my favourite chapters. P.O. !