Chapter 45| Is it a date?

I froze.

"A date?" I asked.

"Yes. Our first one" he grinned.

"In Seoul? What about your sasaengs?" I asked again.

"You worry too much. I have plans" he said and winked.

The next day:

I tried to keep my makeup simple yet effective. I needed to look good today.

I went out of my house and saw Jungkook leaning against his car.

He was wearing a denim jeans and a white shirt.

And a mask. With a cap.

"So this was your idea?" I said to him after he handed me another mask and cap.

"Don't worry. It will be okay" Jungkook said.

"How do you know?" I asked him.

"Every celebrity dates like this" he said.

"Huh?" I was confused.

Jungkook laughed and started driving.

"Ice-cream!" I exclaimed.

We were walking through the city streets for a while. Jungkook intertwined his fingers with mine. We were holding hands while walking and window shopping.

"Dibs on mint choco" Jungkook said and I made a disgusted face.

"Who would want to have that flavour?" I said "I want just choco or butterscotch or coffee or-"

"Just eat all of those" Jungkook scoffed.

"I can, though" I said and Jungkook just shook his head.

But the problem was how we were going to eat while wearing masks.

So we decided not to have ice-cream now. Though it made me really heartbroken.

We started our date on the afternoon and now it's already 9 PM.

Jungkook and I sat on grass. A firework show was going to be held here.

Jungkook still kept holding my hand. I looked at him once. He was looking at the sky waiting for the fireworks.

I looked where he was looking.

Whizzz!

"Wow" I said after a while "Isn't it absolutely beautiful?"

Jungkook looked at me.

"I don't want anything which is so short lasting. I want my happiness to stay" he said and shortened the distance between us.

"For my whole life" he completed.

"But even if it is so beautiful, you will not want it, just because it won't last?" I asked him again.

"I will better not get hurt" he said.

"Right. But I would still like to experience it once in my life" I said to him.

"Umm. I want something like the stars. They are always there even if they can not shine all the time. They shine in your darkest times, like the stars in night sky" Jungkook looked at the sky again after finishing.

I kept looking at him. It seemed like he had something to say which he was not able to express properly.

It was after midnight. Both of us were lying on the grass. We took off our masks since the place got almost emptied.

"It's so pretty" I said staring up.

"I see it now" Jungkook said.

I looked at him to see him looking at me already.

"I could not see it before because of the mask" Jungkook completed and I blushed. Again.

Jungkook put his palm under my cheek and started kissing me.

It was not rough. But still it felt somewhat needy.

I kissed him back. Jungkook held my waist and made me fully face him. He tilted his head to get more access.

There was nobody around us. We were under the open sky. It felt so magical.

Jungkook was right. We all want stars. Jungkook is my star. I can not ever let go of him.

We were gasping for air.

"I love you so much, Y/N"

He said after breaking the kiss only to kiss me again.

There. He said it again. I could not even say it once even though I felt it for quite some time. Why is it so easy for him to say it but so hard for me?

________________________________________••

Vote for the chapter if you like it.

This chapter is dedicated to SugaKookie2006

Thanks for 11K reads. 💜💜