14| Night

"Hey," with Jungkook and Dami bickering in the background, second thing in the morning, making coffee being the first, again, Taehyung greeted Y/n, smiling genuinely.

He was seated on the breakfast table sandwiched between his sister and his best friend, Jimin who had his head in his hands, making it clear by his appearance that he was not a morning person.

Y/n pulled the chair beside Jungkook's and across Taehyung's, out to seat. Spreading her lips into a upward curve, she greeted back. "Hi." It would be a lie if she said she was not awkward at all around Taehyung. But she did not want him to know that.

Taehyung took a big bite of the bread which had excessive strawberry jam applied on it. He had a satisfied look on his face, remembering the date he had last night.

Only Jisoo was yet to join them for breakfast. "How do you feel, Jungkook? Taehyung casually attempted to tease the youngest on his loss the previous day.

"About what?" He asked innocently, failing to retort Dami in the process. Jimin was thankful to Taehyung for making their bickering stop finally. My head hurts.

"You know," he put on a cocky smile, "About how you lost to me yesterday."

Jungkook let out a scoff with a snicker. "Hyung, I did not even try to―"

"Why? Is that something to be upset about?" Y/n turned to Jungkook. "Did you want to go on a date? With Dami?" She was unable to hide her curiosities again since she knew that they did not quite like each other from Taehyung at the time.

Jimin did not want Dami's name to get involved with Jungkook's, specially after the fight they had because of the game. So he decided to interfere even though his headache had not gone yet.

"There is something you don't know about Jungkook."

Dami spoke nonchalantly while stirring her bowl of cereal, "That he gets cranky when someone wakes him up?" Jungkook quirked one eyebrow at her. "You and your assumptions."

Dami shrugged and started eating. "No," Jimin continued, "That he hates to lose."

"Wow," Jisoo grabbed a plate and seated herself beside Y/n. "Even though you hate to lose, you helped me yesterday, your opponent."

Jimin grimaced, failing to let the conversation flow in the way where Dami would not get affected.

She glanced at Jisoo once before quickly looking elsewhere. Not my business anyway. Jungkook flashed a smile. "I would have done the same for anyone."

Y/n gasped dramatically. "Is there a couple being formed, I sense?"

Taehyung chuckled softly. "Did you not sense it last night?" He leaned forward, looking into her eyes. "No? Well just asking, 'cause I sure did."

Y/n's face flushed red. Say something! Come on! Anything! "Geez," Jungkook dipped his macaroni in the ketchup. "Get a room."

Just then a bell dinged grabbing everyone's attention. "Are we getting an announcement?" He continued chewing on his food.

Dami pointed at the door with her thumb. "Are we supposed to get that? Is that supposed to happen?" Taehyung got up from his seat. "Let me see."

The door opened and the creature made his way inside the house. "Bam-ah!" A genuinely cheerful—fatherly love-filled voice came out of Jungkook as he sprinted towards his pet dog. It was of Doberman Pinscher, black and brown coloured.

"Whoa!" Taehyung gasped in surprise but soon he started complaining. "How come Bam is here and Yeontan isn't?"

"Tae," he looked at his younger sister who opened her mouth for the first time after the guest entered. "Tan probably doesn't even realise that you are not with him."

"Do you think Tannie is that stupid?"

"No," Dami shrugged before walking towards Jungkook's pet. "Just saying he is all about food—like this one," she said as the dog took the snack from her hand.

The female got on her knees and patted it's head slowly. Bahm nuzzled against her palm. Jungkook softly smiled. "It's your first time meeting him."

"I know. He is so—" She looked up at him before saying, "Huge."

Jungkook let out a chuckle and got down on his knees beside her. "Gureum was also huge." He only got a few nods from her since she was busy staring fondly at Bahm.

"The crew wanted Bahm to meet you all," the man spoke for the first time who had brought the dog. He was totally unnoticed by them until then. "I have to take him back a few hours later after you spend some time with him."

The rest of the members also started to play with it. Dami pursed her lips before raising one eyebrow. She faced Jungkook before asking him, "Bahm?"

Jungkook snickered. "You managed to keep holding yourself back for quite some time." Dami let out a feint scoff before looking ahead at the dog again who was now playing with Jimin and Y/n. "Don't tell me if you don't want to."

"Guess." They both looked at each other at the same time. A brief eye contact made Dami fluster, causing her to look away.

"I wanna guess—you love rainy nights and watching clouds in the grey night sky. Since you already had Gureum (cloud), now you kept his name Bahm (night)."

Jungkook flicked his finger on Dami's forehead, making her wince in pain. "Wrong."

"Thank goodness. That would have been so cheesy."

"People tends to be the most honest at night. Night makes them feel vulnerable and at home. And when I got Bahm for the first time," Jungkook watched Dami who was listening to him intently. "Other than him—I had no one else whom I felt home with."

_________

Vote for the chapter please.

The story behind Bam's name isn't true at all. I just made it up so that Dami realises how alone Jungkook is without her. But Jungkook in real is very poetic so you might never know.