26| Rope

"You okay, man?"

Taehyung sounded worried with genuine care in his tone. Seeing Jungkook walking into the bar again after drinking heavily twice within just a week forced him to be distressed.

Jungkook flashed a smile at him―a pretentious one. He had decided to not drag anyone else into his own miseries anymore―not Jisoo, not Taehyung, not Jimin and specially not Dami.

He did not want to get in the way of Jimin if there was a chance that Dami wanted the same thing. So he decided to hide his feelings from everyone including Dami.

If she wants to move on, then she should. It's been fucking five years.

"I am fine. Seems like it will rain. That's why I wanted to drink a little." Taehyung clicked his tongue in disapproval of this idea. "Your stomach had enough already."

"I promise," Jungkook interrupted him, "Only a little." Taehyung knew that something was wrong but he decided to drop it since there were a lot of cameras surrounding them.

Taehyung nodded, sighing in defeat. "Want me to accompany you?" Jungkook shook his head. "I don't want you to make a lousy drunken mistake in front of Y/n."

The date arrangements were extremely romantic, more than all the previous dates. There were candles, heart shaped balloons, music. Small vibrant lights were decorated along the wall.

Jimin and Dami were given outfits by the production team. Dami was wearing a full sleeved indigo colored dress that stopped right below her knees. Her hair was elegantly tied up into a bun. Jimin wore a black colored suit. His hair was slicked back, revealing his gorgeous forehead.

"Hey," the female greeted with a smile. "Are you awkward?" Jimin asked without beating around the bushes, "I mean with the decorations and all."

"No." Dami shook her head, taking a seat. "Are you?" She asked back, earning a shake of his head from him as well. "It would be weird if I was awkward because of the things I asked for."

The brunette gasped dramatically, making Jimin laugh. "Did you ask for this?" The male blinked, causing Dami to raise one eyebrow. "I am sorry but I am not quite catching up. Why though?"

"Because I wanted to apologize." Jimin's answer made Dami even more confused. "Uh-huh. The last time, I checked you were clean. What did you do to seek for my forgiveness, child?"

Jimin chuckled, leaning closer. He placed his knees on the table and rested his chin on the back of his linked hands. "For a lot of things."

"A few examples please."

"For bothering you a lot by visiting your house in Daegu back then, for not admitting that the comic you recommended to me was really good, for not checking on you even once after Jungkook and you broke up."

Dami's face fell hearing that. She knew all the BTS members supported Jungkook blindly and they were not wrong. They broke up solely because it was what Dami wanted.

So she never blamed the rest of the members other than her brother because of not reaching out to her. It was only natural.

"And for kissing you last night without your permission."

She broke out of her trance at the mention of the kiss. "Huh?" She was kind of dazed. "I―" Jimin was hesitating to elaborately explain it to her. "I had kissed you last night right before you passed out."

"Oh yeah." Dami rubbed the side of her neck, getting flustered. "Yeah that. We don't have to apologize for that." Jimin beamed, feeling encouraged to finally confess his feelings.

"We were talking about the past. There were a few beers in us. I know you mistakenly did it, getting lost in the moment. It's okay. I was not in my right mind either."

Jimin bit down on his bottom lip before speaking, "Oh but I was. It was not a mistake, Dami. It was an urge―an urge that I feel whenever I am with you these days―even right now. I have been feeling like this since probably the first time I met you.

I had bottled my feelings up when you started dating Jungkook. But now that you came back in my life, these feelings are getting uncontrollable. You don't know how hard it is, Dami. So I have decided to let it out now."

Dami was shocked. She had not expected it at all. Jimin looked into her hazel colored eyes. "I like you."

The female exhaled, trying to compose herself. The last thing she wanted was to ruin this date and hurt Jimin but something had awaken inside her.

She felt like, she was sinking, getting drowned in a deep sea. The rope, she was hanging on to for a very long time was slipping out of her hand, forcing her to let go.

The fear of losing something dear to her and getting lost made her speak up, "I am so sorry." A teardrop rolled out of her eyes before she started sobbing.

Dami stood up from her chair and as much as she hated it, she ran from there. It had started raining already. She needed to see him, grab onto him because the rope had given up on her.

Jungkook.

_________

Vote for the chapter please!

I feel so bad for Jimin tbh. But he deserves to at least tell how he feels. What do you think will happen now? Will the lovebirds be finally united or will Jungkook push Dami away?