21| Colors

"Want some?" A pack of potato chips was dangling in front of Dami's eyes. She could not help giggling at Jimin's effort to get her attention on him. It had been almost six minutes since Jimin was standing beside her but she had not even seemed to notice.

"Thanks," the brunette expressed her gratitude with a small smile before taking one. Jimin chivalrously smiled before his eyes landed on Dami's left wrist. He abruptly took it in his hand. "Did you hurt yourself?"

Jimin's voice was clearly worried—a bit too much for Dami figuring it was just a paper cut. She let out a laugh before slowly getting her hand out of his hold. "It's nothing serious."

"Please tell me you applied something to it." Dami bit down on her bottom lip, trying to grasp the situation. "Jimin oppa," she muttered, "Aren't you paying a little too much attention to me these days?"

Jimin's eyes wavered—shifting his gaze to the trees in front of them. The night view was amazing here—as well as the breeze but still he was about to break into sweats somehow.

When did I not pay attention to you?

"A lot of things are going on with you. It is hard to catch up every time so I am just trying to keep myself updated." Dami pursed her lips, nodding to his explanation. "You don't have to worry though." Her gaze followed Jimin's. "I am just reaping what I showed." She smiled bitterly before leaving Jimin's sight.

Jimin kept standing there—being frozen. He just could not come up with any appropriate word to say to her. Only if I could say that it's not your fault. But it was impossible for him to say that given he and all of BTS members had seen Jungkook to go through hell after Dami had left him.

Only if I knew what went wrong.

They actually never believed that Dami had left him to study medical but when she returned after completing her MBBS degree, they had nothing left to ask her.

The next day everyone were idly waiting for the crew to finish the arrangements for a fireworks display in the evening. Dami bent down with her knees close to her body. She took a hay straw in her hand and used it to draw on the sand.

"Kim Dami—the best," Jimin strained his eyes to read out the words on the sound. The sun was setting—making the sky crimson to indicate that evening was just one step away. "Don't say it out loud," she smacked his knees hard as he was standing—her cluster earrings swung.

Jimin let out a grown before breaking into laughter. Shortly after all of them were gathered in the beach waiting for the firecrackers to put on a show in front of them. They were in their casual clothes—aiming to heal themselves that night. Dami's long hair was blowing in the wind, getting tangled.

Jungkook's eyes that just purely wanted to glance around could not shift once it fell on her. She looked breathtaking with light makeup. A small smile danced on her lips as she stared up at the sky—admiring the colorful lights which reflected on her porcelain skin.

Jungkook bit down on his bottom lip to forcefully tear his eyes off of her before making his way to the corner where there were bottles of alcohol for them.

"No, you don't understand. The human skeleton—trust me, I am a doctor. You can see that the bones are connected and that's why butt is one."

Dami had also decided to let her guards down and as a result, she drunk more than she can handle. The rest of them were taking the advantage to make her decide the answers to silly debates.

Y/n stifled her laugh whereas Jimin disappointedly looked at Taehyung. He was also trying his best to not laugh. "Why did you let her drink so much?" Jimin was busy preparing the dinner so he did not know when Dami's situation got so worse.

Jungkook was sitting separately from them—still drinking, saying that he wanted to be alone. "Then what about the perilla leaf debate?" Jisoo asked, preparing herself to laugh internally again.

"What about it?" Dami's words were all slurred and her cheeks were getting even redder by the seconds passing. "Can you tolerate it if your boyfriend separates the perilla leaf for your best friend?" She explained the debate to her.

Dami gave her a weird look—scrutinizing her eyebrows. "Of course, not! It's definitely considered cheating. Who did that?" Her voice got louder while saying the last sentence.

"Jungkook?" She yelled at the top of her lungs. "Did you do that?"

Everyone froze, realising that Dami actually forgot the part where she broke up with Jungkook. She was assuming that they were still in a relationship.

Jungkook just glanced at her once. He was still not drunk but still chose not to say anything. Dami stood up to make her way towards him. Taehyung's eyes widened—not knowing what to do to stop this from happening.

Jimin's jaw tightened. His heart was aching. For some reason, he had kind of forgotten, how Jungkook and Dami were when they were dating. They were the couple whom everyone envied. He went inside the house, not wanting to recall anymore.

Dami plopped down beside Jungkook and pressed her palms to either side of his cheeks and pulled his face so that he was looking at her.

"Did you cheat on me?"

___________

Vote for the chapter please!

I was wondering if you have any drunk habits? Like crying or speaking in Japanese? Or talking in sleep?