25| Confess

Spring of 2022
Incheon

Dami could not fall asleep the whole night whereas Jungkook slept like a log. He woke up around nine o'clock in the morning, finding himself in Dami's room with nobody else.

They were called to the beach for their next activity. It was a soccer match of just penalty shoots. Teams were predetermined this time. One team was the Kim line, consisting of Kim Taehyung, Kim Dami and Kim Jisoo.

The other team consisted of the rest of the members and they were Park Jimin, Jeon Jungkook, Y/n. There were two goalkeepers which was decided by the team members and they were Dami for the Kim line team and Y/n for the other team.

Y/n, having no experience in soccer before, failed to stop any of the goals getting in. The goalkeepers were not allowed to shoot. That was why Jungkook and Jimin decided to make Y/n the goalkeeper.

Luckily Dami managed to stop one shoot from Jimin, resulting their win. The three of the members cheered like they just won a world cup. Jisoo and Dami had long forgotten about their bad blood.

But only one member would be given the opportunity to choose a date for the night. "Let's play rock, papers, scissors to choose," Taehyung proposed.

"Consider me out," Dami said, not knowing whom to pick for the date. "Why? Are you afraid to lose, huh loser?" Taehyung teased, trying to get her back in the game.

"Really? I will lose with you? You always put scissors, Tae. I will win like this." She showed him her fist which resembled the rock. "Oh come on, Dami. It has been a decade since you played the last with me. Maybe this time, I will put paper."

Dami, being as competitive as she was, actually got convinced to play and she won. "Yay!" She beamed. "I had told you that you would put scissors again." Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Shut up."

"Now, your choice, Ms. Dami."

The announcer's voice boomed from the speaker. Fuck. Dami internally cursed. She had forgotten about this part where she would have to choose when she agreed to play.

She could not choose Taehyung since he was his brother and she definitely could not choose Jungkook because—never. So the only person left was—"Park Jimin," the female uttered without realising.

Just then, she remembered. "On those days—I could at least see you." These were the exact words of Jimin before she felt his soft lips on hers, kissing her so gently. Right after that, she passed out. Dami fell asleep, the second after Jimin touched her, in between the kisses.

So she could not even push him away. She was so exhausted at that time that she went limp at the moment Jimin touched her. It was so relaxing that she fell asleep.

Dami did not ask her the reason for him to kiss her. She just assumed that Jimin kissed her because of getting lost at the moment. They were alone at that time and talking about their past which might have made him emotional.

So she decided to not make their relationship awkward by mentioning their kiss again.

"Congratulations, Mr. Jimin and Ms. Dami. Arrangements for your date will be completed in the evening."

Dami did not realize what just happened. Surely, she did not have any other choice but still she had not chosen Jimin yet. Whereas Jimin was relieved that Dami was not avoiding him for the kiss last night, getting encouraged thinking that Dami might have been interested in him.

Jungkook was sitting on the couch in the afternoon. He had a packet of chips in his hand and in his other hand was the remote control of the TV. Jimin joined him, stealing his chips in the process.

"You are the one who made us lose today, you know? We could have totally won if Kim Dami didn't stop your goal." Jungkook scoffed, shaking his head.

"Yeah," Jimin nodded, accepting his mistake. "So no chips for you." Jungkook moved the packet out of his reach. "Come on, Kook!" He started tickling him out of nowhere.

"Mr. Park Jimin, it's time for your make-up and hair styling," one of the stylists called Jimin to make him prepared for the date. "Coming," he sang, getting up.

Jungkook just laughed that he needed to go. "Hyung, you left your phone—" He called but Jimin was already gone by then. Then a mischievous idea came to him. He thought about sending prank messages to the hyung line who did not come to the show.

Jungkook knew his password. So he easily unlocked the phone, revealing an old photo of Dami and Jimin when Dami was still in high school.

It felt odd to him but he decided to drop it, thinking that Jimin must have wanted to show it to Dami on their date tonight. But when he was clearing the tabs, the notes tab stole his attention. It said,

May 9, 2022
Gonna confess to her tonight.

_______

Vote for the chapter please!

What do you think will happen now? Jungkook got to know about Jimin's feelings for Dami. Do you think, he will try to stop Jimin from confessing?