19| Believe

Dami hugged her knees close to her body, burying her head in the middle of them, she bawled. The ambient sound of breaking of the waves that was so audible in her room fell quiet in comparison to her loud sobs.

She knew that she had done wrong. She had probably lived her whole life wrong. But is it really my fault? Dami had spent her whole life trying to be a better person than she was but it all became fruitless when―

"Ugh!" The brunette clasped her palms to her head. It was throbbing with pain from the memories. She did not want to remember that time again―that painful span of time which made her lose everything.

Dami had locked herself in her room since the night Jungkook and she had argued. A day passed by after that. Taehyung had knocked on her door multiple times, begging her to eat something. But she did not budge—not even answering her older brother. She neither could eat nor sleep.

But at that moment, Dami felt like she had to get some fresh air for stopping Jungkook from devouring her mind. It was late at night and she was sure that nobody was awake at that time.

So she went outside and sat on the porch, staring at the sea which was a few feet away from her. Her breathing was shallow—calming her mind with it's rhythm. Much to her annoyance, the screen of her phone lit up with a ding. She took it in her hand to read the notification before putting it back again.

Jimin oppa| 03:43 A.M.
Are you awake?

"Ignoring me, huh?" Jimin's contralto voice—breaking the pin drop silent of midnight made Dami's head jolt at him. She exhaled when she saw that it was only Jimin and not some white eyed monster who came to rescue her from her screwed up life.

She looked ahead again without saying anything. "Didn't mean to startle you like that," Jimin spoke when Dami's eyes were glued to the waves. He was kind of relieved that she was not looking at him anymore. Because her red, swollen, puffy eyes only made him feel worse than he already was feeling. Why do you cry so much?

"You don't have to do this." Jimin nonchalantly slipped a triangle kimbap wrapped in a plastic paper in her hand. "It's not working." He looked at her looking at the food with furrowed eyebrows from the corner of his eye. "You can't drive me away by just saying mean things, you know?"

A smile crept up on his slightly parted lips when he saw her unwrapping it. "Because I know you don't mean any of this." Dami quirked one eyebrow at him. "But I do?" Jimin pressed his lips together before slowly nodding. "Okay, maybe you do but not so strongly as you say."

Dami concentrated on her food again. She took a big bite since she had not eaten for a whole day. "That's why, I know," Jimin swallowed before speaking, being very careful about the words he chose, "You make mistakes but you also know how to rectify it."

The brunette stopped chewing and gulped instead. "I don't know what you are getting at." Jimin shifted his gaze elsewhere. "I just wanna say that it's not wrong to make mistakes but it becomes wrong when you realise it and still don't fix it. And you are not the kind of person who does that."

Dami was silent—falling short of words, letting him continue to speak. "Whatever is between Jungkook and you should not affect anyone else—specially some stranger. You know that better than anyone else."

The female shook her head. "It's not because of Jungkook." Jimin clicked his tongue. "Tell me something, don't you think what you did, spread the mess even more?"

Dami shrugged before getting up. "Whatever." She returned to her bedroom before taking a few more snacks and drinks in her hands, leaving Jimin alone. He smiled to himself, letting out a sigh of relief. Mission accomplished.

Dami could not sleep for the whole night. She waited for the clock to strike nine in the morning. She took a deep breath before leaving her room and knock on the door of Jisoo's bedroom.

She opened it after a few seconds. Her face lost colour after seeing the person whose tantrum she had to face at that night. She thought about closing the door but Dami opened her mouth.

"I'm sorry." Dami bit down on her bottom lip. Exactly as Jimin said, Dami made mistakes but she also knew how to apologize and never repeat them again. Jisoo raised one eyebrow. "For what?"

"Because of—" The female trailed off as she squeezed her eyes shut, remembering about that night again. I embarrassed myself. "Spilling that drink on your dress."

Jisoo pursed her lips before muttering, "Oh." Dami's nerves relaxed after finally letting it out. "You didn't accept it, did you?"

"No."

"You are gonna do the same to me, aren't you?"

"No." She closed the door.

Dami nodded to herself. Well, I deserve it. She felt weak again. Dragging her legs to the couch, she plopped her body on it. What Dami did not notice was, Jungkook was in the kitchen, witnessing their full conversation.

Dami watched someone squatting in front of her. Her brother's face came in her sight. Taehyung slowly raised his hand to caress her face. "You worked hard, Mi-ah." She leaned into his touch. "I believe in you, no matter what."

Dami wrapped her arms around him. "Thank you, oppa." She broke into tears once again.

__________

Vote for the chapter, please!

Like Taehyung and Dami are typical siblings. They bicker a lot. But they are the only mental support of each other.