7| Daisy

An eerie atmosphere filled the beach as the teammates were standing side by side. The announcer was about to let them know who won but all of them actually knew which team was the winner.

'Since a member of the team of Jimin and Dami got injured and they are one player down, according to the rules they are disqualified.'

Jungkook glanced at Dami to examine her expression. She was looking down, clearly being upset because she was the reason for their team to get disqualified.

Hence, Jungkook and Jisoo's team win becoming the first couple to get the advantage of knowing each other through spending some quality time alone.

Jisoo's eyes automatically flickered to Jungkook who was still staring at Dami, trying to find out if her condition would deteriorate anytime soon.

"A date?"

They listened to the next line coming out of the speaker. It spooked them out, making it seem as if the announcer could hear Y/n's voice.

Arrangements for a date for just the two are made near the arcade. Please both of you, get prepared and be there.

None of them could smile. Jisoo was contemplating on whether to talk to Jungkook or not because she was not sure of him even listening to the announcement.

"I will be in my room," Dami said and went inside the beach house. Following her, the others also went inside one by one.

"Have fun," Taehyung made sure to say that before going to check up on her sister. Jimin had already congratulated them. Jisoo poked on Jungkook's forearm to get his attention. "On what time, will you be there?" She finally came up with an appropriate question.

"In an hour?" Jungkook said with a pretentious smile that definitely did not reach his eyes.

He was listening then.

Jungkook changed into a white shirt with a pair of denim jeans. He fixed his hair a little, not wanting to look bad on cameras. After all, it was a show just for the fans.

Just for the fans.

He laughed bitterly as soon as he saw Dami in the sundress she just changed into. She was just walking on the sand, making footprints on it with the background of the sun having it's best time, radiating directly on his ex.

Just for the fans―then why is she here?

It reminded him of the time when they were still a couple and used to plan about going on a beach date.

And why that dress?

The white sundress with small daisies on it, the asymmetrical neckline of the dress which exposed her one shoulder, her gorgeous eyes that gazed faraway on which Jungkook could never point on was enough to make him totally forget about his date which was a few minutes from now.

"Jisoo has already left," Taehyung wrapped one arm around Jungkook's shoulder. "Aren't you going to go too?"

"Uh—" Jungkook scratched the back of his nape. Yeah, that. "I was just going."

Taehyung might or might not have noticed that Jungkook was staring at his sister. It was not important then.

Jungkook and Jisoo's date mostly went by Jisoo's talking and Jungkook's occasional short answer but it was still hard to identify if he was being rude or he was just tired. Jisoo decided to let it go since it was only the first date.

Jungkook's mind was completely occupied by Dami―he hated to let that happen. He wanted to pay attention to the girl in front of her, otherwise it was just plain impolite. She was an idol after all.

"I had fun today," Jungkook said hoping that it would suffice the lack of efforts from earlier on the date while getting a petal of peony out of her hair. The small exchange of warmth did not fail to make Jisoo's heart flutter.

She would be lying if she said that she was not hoping for something. "I will go to my room," Jisoo said averting her eyes. Jungkook nodded and plopped down on the couch as soon as Jisoo went inside.

Man, it was tiring as hell.

Dami woke up after getting a three hours sleep in her fresh pajamas. She glanced around and mentally cursed herself for not keeping any bottle of water in her room.

So she went to the living room and switched on the lights. The halogen bulbs flickered making Jungkook's eyebrows furrow. She pressed her palm to her mouth to make sure the gasp she made was not heard out loud.

Jungkook's forehead eased it's crinkles. Dami breathed a sigh of relief seeing that he adjusted with the lights instead of waking up.

Why is he sleeping here?

She thought and went back to her room again to get a blanket. She walked towards Jungkook and seated herself beside him on the couch. She kept the blanket by her side.

Jungkook's closed eyes forced Dami to try to remember how his doe, dark brown eyes looked when he was treating her swollen hand, earlier that day.

"You were the person who would be always on the opposite side of the net. The person whom I could never touch—who was so close yet so far."

She remembered what Jungkook had said to her during that time. Why would he think that?

"I was always on the same side of the net as you, on your team, playing alongside you. You just did not notice." The living room was so quiet that it seemed like her voice could cut glass.

Dami watched how Jungkook's fringes were getting gently ruffled by the wind trespassing through the slightly opened window. She shook her head.

She was about to go and close the window shut but the sudden urge to touch his soft, brown hair and arrange it again tugged the inside of her.

Dami's hand slowly raised. Despite being hesitant, her body reacted automatically as if it was the most obvious thing to do.

When his hair finally came in contact with her hand, she carefully smoothed it out. Unexpectedly, Jungkook's hand came out of nowhere to hold hers.

"What are you doing?"

________

Vote for the chapter please.

Ngl I love a simp Jungkook xD. I'm such an idiot. I marked the chapters wrong so I thought I have one more chapter written than I actually have. I marked chapter 9 as chapter 10. Why?!!