Chapter 47| Star or a Firework

I came back to desk to work again. But instead I was thinking about what the managing director said.

"Come on, babe! I will drop you off" Jungkook said coming to me.

Some of the employees looked at us hearing the word 'babe'.

I stood up.

"Jungkook I- uh- mmm-"

Jungkook bent to peck my lips.

"Let's go" he said grinning.

He did what? In front of everyone? Now all of them were staring at us.

Since it's just the employees, it won't be a problem as they don't have the permission to spread anything.

But still.

"Actually Minji came and I need to go with her to buy some things" I lied to him.

"Let me tag along too" Jungkook said to me.

"No. We need girls time" I said and rushed out of the building.

I did not even look for Minji. I went straight to my house.

I needed some alone time to think about it. I could not let Jungkook's popularity drop because of me.

The next day at college:

"What? You are going to resign!" Minji was shocked.

"Yes" I replied taking a sip of my coffee.

"But why? You loved that job" she still was confused.

"I know. But I got to realise that what you said before was right. I need to focus on my study now. We are not in freshman year anymore. Our exams will start in no time. I did not even start to study because of other things going on in my life" I explained it to her.

"But you were doing just fine. You were getting even good marks last year" she said but I shrugged saying,

"It will not be enough."

Minji sighed and said,

"What about Jungkook then?"

"I think we will have to part our ways" I said with a heavy heart but pretended to be okay.

"You are not that practical Y/N. I know you" Minji said.

"Then I have to be. Starting from now. It's better late than never, right?"

The next day at Bighit:

"I missed you" Jungkook said as soon as he saw me.

I was looking around thinking about how I could escape.

"Is something wrong, princess?" Jungkook sounded upset.

I am so sorry Jungkook. But it is for your betterment.

"I am a bit busy now" I said to him.

"Then take a break. You look tired anyways" Jungkook said and was coming closer to me.

But I moved away from him. Jungkook looked into my eyes trying to read them.

"I am going to" I said to him before running away from there.

"May I come in?" I asked the CEO knocking on the door.

"Yes. You may" he said.

"Hello. I am Y/N. I came here to give you my resignation letter" I said to him.

It was my dream job.

"Resignation? Why all of a sudden? Did anyone say anything to you" he asked me.

"No. It's just I need to concentrate more on my studies now. I am falling a lot behind. That's why I need to resign" I said.

"Okay. Your letter is accepted. We are sorry to lose such a young talent like yours" he said.

"Thanks" I left the room.

I just wanted to murder myself. But everyone will get benefitted this way. So it's a good thing.

_______________________________________••

Vote for the chapter even though it's such a sad one.

Ugh I am sorry.

This chapter is dedicated to marinawhite06 and Shcookyta

Happy Jimin Day 💜💜