32| Goodbye

"I wanna talk to you."

The words came out of Jungkook's mouth as those could not wait any longer. "We need to talk. I wanna fix this. I—" The male took a small breath before enunciating his further words, "I need to fix this."

"Jungkook I—"

"No, Dami. I am not letting you go—not again—not this time."

Dami was on the verge of crying. Tears threatened to come out any second. This was the man she loved, since she was just a teenager—at the age when she probably did not even know what love was.

The only thing, she knew was that she had fallen deep for him—a feeling which made it difficult for her to stay with him or away from him. Her lips parted but no words came out.

"I will have a coke. What about you?" Taehyung's voice was heard from the other side of the door. Dami hurriedly grabbed Jungkook's arm and dragged him to a corner to hide from her brother.

"Umm—I'm sorry but why are we playing hide and seek all of a sudden?" Dami pressed her palm against his lips to make him shut up. "He will hear us," her breath hit his face as she whispered.

Jungkook fell silent, realising how they were sticking to each other in a cramped space between two cabinets. Both of them stayed like that for a while—in awkwardness and silence but in solace caused by each others' warmth.

"We can't talk here," the female said, making Jungkook follow her to the balcony again. The growing silence between them was getting torturing. Still neither of them was really seeming to start speaking anytime soon.

"What did you want to talk about?" Dami asked, trying to get the upper hand by putting Jungkook in the difficult position. "Can I be completely honest about this?"

"It's better than regretting later on. So shoot."

"Before we get on with our relationship, I need to know what made you give up on me last time," Jungkook finished the sentence with much difficulty. If he could elaborate the word 'need' then it would have been an essay.

"That I can't tell you."

Dami's response was short but only because no matter how many words she put into it, her feelings could never be fully expressed.

"Why? I had waited for you, Dami—for years—like a fool," Jungkook's voice raised and broke while saying the last part.

"I am sorry," that was all Dami managed to let out

Jungkook scoffed, laughing bitterly. "Oh wow, you are sorry?"

"Have you ever thought by putting yourself in my shoes? Why do you think the reason behind me giving up on our relationship is something that can be told?"

"No, Dami but that's because I can never put myself in your shoes. I can never even imagine myself giving up on us," Jungkook finally said it which kept bottling inside him all along.

Dami was left speechless. She kept staring at him as tears started forming in her eyes. "I am asking you to fucking stay." Her voice broke, seeing the male already heading out.

"I can't be so unfair with myself. You hadn't seen me after you had left. I was miserable. I could neither properly talk to anyone nor I could eat anything. I had even thought about quitting everything, my career."

Jungkook took a deep breath before speaking again, "I can't return to being like that again."

After two days, the show came to an end with the final couple Taehyung and Y/n. Everyone congratulated them, being genuinely happy.

While exchanging last greetings, Dami walked over to Jungkook. "I will probably never be able to understand what kind of hell you went through for those years."

Jungkook looked up into her hazel coloured eyes. The female brushed her hair away from her face. "But I can only let you know that I wasn't in heaven either."

He could not soften even after hearing that. Their second breakup took him back to that time when he had become vulnerable after Dami had left the country.

He thought of Dami as a firecracker who would light up his life and make him feel the happiest person in the world for a very brief period of time before leaving him in the dark again for an eternity.

Dami reached up to touch the side of his face and she placed a soft kiss on the other side of his face. "Goodbye."

__________

Vote for the chapter please!

Now Jungkook is being plainly mean.