17| Demand

Jungkook's eyes were always on Dami the same as Dami's eyes were on him. But still they somehow managed to fail to notice each others' feelings.

Spring of 2016
Class 3-B

It was the senior year for both Dami and Jungkook. Jungkook had not much chance to go to his school because of his busy schedule whereas Dami had to go since she was a standard student and most of all she wanted to study in medical school.

In the break time, she was minding her own business, curling her fringes with a hair rolling pin. She wanted to change her look a bit.

"Really? BTS Jungkook is dating this girl?" Her heart dropped to her stomach as soon as she heard that, assuming that they were talking about her.

A relief washed over Dami when she realised that they were talking about some newbie celebrity. "What is her name again?" They continued to gossip. "I don't remember—Min Sora? Soyeon?" The boy got smacked on the back of his head by a girl. "Her name is Kim Sori."

For some reason, Dami was relieved but at the same time, she felt awfully frustrated. The topic, they were conversing on, basically was freaking her out. She felt overwhelmed and a little nauseous. The rest of the day, she did not talk to anyone.

She even skipped her self study period at school and came home. To her horror, the door opened revealing Jimin. She could not bring herself to smile even after Jimin had greeted her cheerfully.

Dami still hoped that it was only her brother and his best friend who had come. But it seemed like her luck decided to just throw her off the cliff. The entire group of BTS was there—even including Yoongi whose hometown was here in Daegu. He also chose to come to Taehyung's house instead of his own.

The brunette inhaled and exhaled deeply before entering her house. This is gonna be a long night. "Mom, where will they sleep?" She asked about the seven male guests they were having for over night.

"Honey, they are boys and they used to live in one room before. They will adjust fine in whatever space they are given."

Teen Dami was still contemplating whether it would be a good idea to stay around the guy, she was thinking about the whole day. "Now go and take this to the dining table," Mrs. Kim said while handing her a tray of fruits and vegetables salad.

She dreaded just by thinking that she needed to be around them—Jungkook tonight. Dami made her way towards the table where they all were being loud with her father, goofing around. A sigh left her lips—not quite getting a place to put the tray on.

Jungkook took the tray from her hand, breaking her out of her trance. He flashed a smile after their eyes met. He was wearing a black coloured oversized t-shirt.

But his bulked up built was still clearly visible and kind of intimidated Dami. He had gotten much bigger than the last time she had seen him. He did not look like any regular eighteen years old.

They all set up beddings on the floor in the living room. Dami was settled in her study table but she just could not concentrate. Did I always feel so strongly about Jungkook? The way he glanced at her and displayed a smile when they had a brief eye contact kept flashing in her mind repeatedly.

Dami got up from her chair around three o'clock at night. She went past the boys who were sleeping in the living room and came outside to get some air. In her hand was a pack of fresh cookies.

What she did not notice was that Jungkook was also awake and he saw her leaving the house. He also followed her as if it was the most natural thing to do.

He watched Dami swinging her legs, sitting on a bench in the porch. Her back was facing him. Jungkook took a seat beside her on the wooden bench.

"Gosh!" Dami exclaimed as soon as she felt the presence of him. "I thought everyone was asleep." So much for getting away from Jungkook.

Jungkook let out a chuckle. "Turns out, an one way trip from Seoul to Daegu doesn't quite tire me out."

Dami shook her head. "Cookies?" She offered. "I really want to but I can't, since I'm on a diet." She nodded, understanding. "When did you get so freakishly huge?" Her totally out of context question made Jungkook laugh.

"Now I am allowed to work out, that's all." Jungkook's reply did not quite reach her ears. She was thinking about something else—Should I ask him if the Sori girl is his girlfriend? Pursing her lips, she shook away the thought. It's probably just a rumour.

What if it's not?

"Studying is hard, isn't it?"

"Date me?"

__________

Vote for the chapter please!

If you actually observe Dami's nature, she is not the type to keep her feelings hidden, so when she's not telling the truth, it either means there is a big reason behind it or she is getting mature. Jungkook kept his crush on Dami hidden for such a long time but Dami on the other hand asked him out as soon as she felt insecure about letting him date other girls. Go Dami!