20| Dumbass

Jungkook's dark brown orbs flickered between the green light on the microwave oven and the frypan on the stove as he was assigned to make breakfast for everyone after another morning dawned upon the gauche members of the beach house.

Taehyung laid himself on a bench, trying to comfort himself in the warmth of faint sunlight. Y/n's eyes landed on the very person she was looking for. Pursing her lips, Y/n dragged her heels on the sand towards Taehyung.

"Hey," the male sat up to make room for Y/n to sit on the bench beside him. The past few days were extremely gloomy for the whole cast. Y/n also sort of realised that there must be something serious going on between Dami and Jungkook and also that she should not pry into it.

She pulled her legs up on the bench, covering it with her bright yellow colored semi-long skirt. "Are you okay?" The (h/c) haired female asked Taehyung. He managed to display a small smile, eyes wavering around. "I am."

The one worded answer did not sit well with Y/n. But as she decided, she did not ask anything else. I don't want him to get uncomfortable. Taehyung clicked his tongue. "It can't go on like this."

Y/n lifted her eyebrows—being confused. "What?" She asked. Taehyung let out a light groan before speaking. "I'm sorry. I haven't talked to you at all in a couple of days. I made you worry about me as well." The brunette shook his head. "I didn't mean to—trust me. It's just that—"

"I know," Y/n kept her small hand on top of his large one. "Dami is your sister. It's your responsibility to disappear too if she does." Taehyung dryly chuckled at her effort to lighten up the conversation.

"Thanks," Taehyung stared into her (e/c) colored eyes. He had missed talking to her. It seemed to Taehyung as if Y/n radiated warmth. He needed her, specially at times like this when he felt lost. She flashed him a smile, making him feel even warmer inside.

Being in a hurry, while rushing to the breakfast table Dami bumped her shoulder on Jungkook's arm. A modest wince escsped her lips as a hint of surprise had replaced Jungkook's shadowed expression.

Despite that, he chose to not say anything since he did not cause the collision. Jungkook's focus shifted on plating again. The female also could not apologize for some reason. She took her seat to calm her aggravated stomach which led to that small physical interaction with Jungkook earlier.

Both of them were so busy in avoiding eye contact that they somehow ended up sitting next to each other after everyone was present.

"What the hell?" Taehyung's usual deep voice, now transformed into a high pitched one—creaking through the uncomfortable silence as he complained about the short menu for breakfast. "I was hoping for samgyetang or at least gukbap!"

A frown quickly took place on Jungkook's face as he pointed to a covered dish. "I have made pancakes too." Jimin lightly smacked the back of Taehyung's head. "Stop teasing the maknae." Thus a rather awkward ambience converted to a pretty lively one.

Dami soon gobbled up her food and got up from the table but got halted because of Jungkook catching a hold of her wrist. Ironically the sudden rush of warmth made her freeze. She had to remind herself to breathe. "Don't need you arrange a meeting on 'Who saw my phone' now, do we?"

Jungkook casually spoke while slipping Dami's phone in her hand which she forgot to take. The female pulled her hand close to her chest after Jungkook had released it. A moment later, she composed herself. "Thanks—dumbass," Dami muttered under her breath.

Taehyung stifled his laugh, hearing the new nickname—Dami had given to the youngest of BTS. Jimin's lips also curved upwards—being relieved. He had been thinking to interfere between them when he saw Jungkook holding her hand. But seeing Dami to retort like that, it did not feel much necessary to him.

Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed, shadowed over a pair of dazed, doe eyes. He ran a flashback in his mind to pinpoint on what kind of idiotic factor he had in him to be called that.

Jisoo and Y/n minded their own business. The idol was having a tough time to talk to Jungkook after what had happened in the party. Jungkook also did not talk to her yet. He still had not thought about it at all.

Dami had already gone to her room when Jungkook slowly scratched the back of his nape—helplessly looking at the older male members of the cast, "What did I do?"

_________

Vote for the chapter please!

Things are gonna get interesting from the next chapter! Don't forget to check it out! How was your day? Did you eat?