Chapter 25| As a prom

Jungkook took my hand.

"But I don't know if I will be able to dance or not" I said suddenly getting reminded of it.

"Of course, you will be. Think of it as a prom" he said and brought me on the dance floor. We were among the other couples.

Jungkook was wearing a blue coloured suit with a white shirt. The colours of our outfits were complimenting each other.

Jungkook spun me with the hand he was holding me with. This caused me to keep my one hand on his chest.

My other hand's fingers were intertwined with Jungkook's. Jungkook kept his other hand on my waist.

"Don't be nervous. Just follow my steps" he said looking into my eyes.

We swayed to the music.

"Thanks" he said after a while.

"Why?" I asked not quite understanding.

"For dancing with me" I looked down after hearing that.

I was the one who was standing all alone. Shouldn't I be thanking him?

Suddenly I felt him getting too close to me. For some reason, I didn't move at all. Our noses were almost touching. Then he moved back. I still didn't look up.

"Cinderella" Jungkook said causing me to look up at him.

"Something came up. I'm so sorry for leaving you like this" he said.

"Then you should be called Cinderella" I said and he laughed.

"I'm sorry again. I'll make it up to you" he said.

"Y-you better" I replied blinking pretending to be okay.

"Thanks for understanding" he said smiling.

Then I just watched him going away.

I was so caught up in the moment that I didn't even notice that someone was coming towards me with drinks.

I moved abruptly and a drink spilled on my dress.

My indigo!

"I'm so sorry" the waiter bowed feeling guilty.

"No it's okay. I should have been more careful. I can just wash it off" I replied.

Suddenly my eyes landed on Kyunghyun.
Did he get to meet Jungkook?

"Hey Hyunie, did you get to meet your hyung?" I asked Kyunghyun.

"Yes noona. But I don't see him now" he said scanning the hall.

"He got something to do. Don't worry. You can meet him later" I said to him.

"But what happened to your dress?" He asked me.

"Um. I need to go and wash it off. I will come back, okay?" I said and he nodded.

Then I rushed to the washroom.

I was trying to make the stains disappear. But suddenly I got reminded of our dance today.

The images of today's evening were flashing before me nonstop. Ugh. I might go crazy at this rate.

I finally finished cleaning and started to go back to the party.

Suddenly I saw someone sitting on the stairs. Who could be here at this moment? After getting a bit closer I saw someone else too.

A/N's (Jae) POV:

Jungkook and Nahee were sitting together. Nahee was leaning on Jungkook. Her head was put on Jungkook's shoulder.

But only their backs were facing Y/N. But still Y/N knew who they were. It was obvious just by seeing them from behind. Not only their figures, she knew their today's outfits too.

Tears came running down from her eyes. Her eyes started stinging all of a sudden.

She kept a hand on a side table. But her hand made a vase which was kept on the table fall down.

Y/N ran. As fast as she could.

"Heck" she said when one of her two high heels broke.

For some reason she couldn't stop crying.

_________________________________________••

How could Jungkook do this? 🥺

Vote for it pleaseu. 🥺🥺

This chapter is dedicated to imhungrypapa . Thanks for inspiring me.

Met By Chance ranked #10 out of 112K stories on #btsff! Does that even make sense? Like 112K stories?? 😍😍

The new rankings:

The rankings of Blood Ink and Met By Chance are so close:

Congratulations Jae-ers ♥️💜