16| Intrude

I met you in the dark, you lit me up—
You made me feel as though I was enough.

"I love this song!" Dami exclaimed as soon as she got into the hall. Taehyung and Y/n were still immersed in each other. Jungkook held Dami's wrist and gave her a swirl. She turned to him with the biggest smile on her face.

"What was that?" She asked while still smiling—the corner of her eyes were crinkled, conveying the genuineness.

"Come on." Jungkook pulled her closer after making her spin on the spot once again. "The song is good," he said grimacing afterwards, "Screw you, James Arthur." Dami could not help laughing at his attempts, bringing a smile on Jungkook's uneven lips with a definite cupid bow.

"Tell me something," Jungkook casually slipped both of his arms down to her waist before keeping it fixated there. Dami wrapped her arms around his neck. They just swayed with the music.

"How much do you earn?"

The female raised one eyebrow as she did not see that coming at all. "I sure don't have a black card." She tried to dodge the question by answering indirectly.

"Can you buy a house?" Whereas Jungkook was not ready to just let it go. "I don't know," she shrugged, "Probably? How much does it cost? How many house do you have?"

"One—per se."

"Per se?"

"I don't feel like talking about money." He whined with a little pout, making the mole below his lower lip more visible.

Dami lightly slapped his arm. "You started it." Jungkook let out a laugh. He was laughing a lot these evening. Dami also ended up laughing. His laugh is fucking contagious—and endearing.

A cough brought them out of their trances. "May I have the next dance with you?" Jimin asked Dami, displaying his angelic smile. "Who? Me?" She asked, causing Jungkook to snicker.

"I will go have some drink," he said before letting go off of Dami. "Have fun." Dami was still trying to process their words. Jimin gently took her hand and grabbed her waist with his other hand.

The brunette placed her free hand on Jimin's chest. "You look gorgeous," he complimented her without any hesitation. Dami smiled gracefully. "Let me tell you a secret." She brought her lips close to his left ear before whispering, "I kinda know."

Jimin let out a soft chuckle. "Were you always this good at flirting?" Dami's eyes widened. "Why? Is your heart fluttering? I was just flirting with myself though," she innocently stated.

Jimin pursed his lips. "Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of disturbing?" Dami laughed at his annoyance before her eyes fell onto Jungkook who was drinking by the windows and Jisoo who just joined him.

She was having a hard time to concentrate on Jimin because of Jisoo's hand which was now lazily resting on Jungkook's thigh. Just when her hand started trailing upwards, she slowly pushed Jimin away.

He felt hurt but he could not deny that he had already noticed when her dance partner's eyes were on her ex boyfriend. She made her way towards them before taking a glass of whiskey on her hand and dropping it on Jisoo's dress until the last bit.

Taehyung was about to go to his younger sister but got held back by Jimin. "Let them solve it on their own."

"Oh," Dami pretended to be apologetic, "That will gonna leave a stain," she firmly said, making it clear that she did it on purpose. Her eyes and voice—both were agitated.

"Kim Dami." Jungkook's eyes widened. He grabbed her forearm and dragged her along with him in Dami's bedroom.

"What did you just do?" Jungkook's voice that had a little anger with a lot of frustration intimidated Dami a bit. She could not avoid his demanding voice or his piercing stare.

"It was an honest mistake," Dami spoke in a calm voice, despite her inner state rebuking her for falling in this situation in the first place. Wasn't I trying to be ignorant?

Jungkook scoffed, breaking their eye contact. Running his tongue over the metallic silver ring on his bottom lip, he uttered, "Don't give me this, Kim Dami. You did that on purpose. Jisoo doesn't deserve this. She hasn't done anything wrong."

"Wow," Dami observed how her ex boyfriend's expression was different than when they were dating. She gritted her teeth. It's not fair. "You are siding with that girl now—over me? And that tone—I have never heard it before."

It made Jungkook look at Dami in her almost glistening hazel coloured eyes. He used to imagine her eyes as the lake in which he could drown whenever he looked at it. But it was different now. He resisted himself from feeling like that about her, now.

"Who are you?" He questioned with a lot of different emotions in his dark brown eyes. "Who are you, Kim Dami?" The female scoffed, assuming that he was indicating her changed personality. He stepped closer to her. "Who are you to me?"

The question made Dami stop talking or thinking at all. She stared deep into his eyes as he did into hers.

"What's fucking wrong with you?" He spoke again after receiving no response whatsoever, venting a curse out of his mouth involuntarily.

"Kim Jisoo is not what she pretends to be in front of you."

"It doesn't matter unless she won't leave me like you did." It struck her, digging a hole deep into her heart. She was on the verge of crying. Still she managed to compose herself. Jungkook turned his back on her and started to walk away but soon stopped in his steps when Dami opened her mouth again.

"Let's get back together."

___________

Vote for the chapter please!

So many different emotions in one chapter! Ik that what Dami did wasn't right. But we are only human and I'm not justifying what she did but we all make mistakes once or twice. Don't worry she will soon regret and will apologize to Jisoo too. She's a less thinker but she's not heartless.