2-3

Let’s move him for now, but…’

Valletta was troubled by his restless expression. Of course she didn’t move him herself, but the boy was moved by the chamberlain.

Reinhardt was given the room next to Valletta, despite being a slave.

It was Count Delight’s order. He ordered that if anything happened to Valletta, anywhere, anytime, Reinhadrt had to give his life to protect her.

‘I feel like he’s going to die before I do, instead of protecting me.’

A servant wrapped Reinhadt’s wounds up, but it was poorly done.

Even though Valletta didn’t know anything about medicine, she could tell that this girl had no medical knowledge at all.

Knock. Knock.

She turned away at the sound of a knock on the wooden door.

Entering was a half-heartedly bandaged servant.

She brought cold water and towels, probably because Reinhardt was suffering from a high fever.

“Don’t do it. Call the doctor. He’s going to die if you don’t.”

“Miss, I don’t think you know anything about this… For a slave, a doctor is a luxury. This one has a uselessly long life, even if left alone, he’ll live.”

Even though they’re all humans, how can they have a narrow viewpoint just because of their different status?

Valletta frowned at the sophistry that the servant had laid out. She meant that his condition could not be cured and just let him be.

“You think I’ve asked for your opinion?”

“Yes…?”

“If I leave him like this, he’ll die. So call the doctor.”

Valletta raised her voice, and the servant’s eyes opened wide.

“I gave you an order. Shall I tell my father that you disobeyed me?”

“…… No, I’m sorry. I’ll call the doctor right away.”

“Tell him to come as soon as possible. I’ll pay whatever the cost is.”

“Yes, Miss.”

The servant bowed and hurried out of the room, leaving a towel and a basin of water on the small table beside the bed.

Seeing her blank expression, Valletta scratched her head and sighed. She wasn’t used to this kind of hierarchy, and she couldn’t help it.

Count Delight was very strict, and because the Count himself treated Valletta as something “useless”, some of his servants sometimes ignored her altogether.

The servant would never be able to act this way in front of the Count.

In such cases, when the Count’s name was mentioned, the servants generally kept their mouths shut and obeyed.

Valletta was usually the one who kept her mouth shut, even when the servants treated her unreasonably. The reason was simple. Even if she tried to say something, the Count’s fire would fly at her as well.

So most of the servants ignored Valletta only behind the Count’s back, but sometimes there were servants who couldn’t read the air. Especially the newcomers.

It hadn’t been more than a day or two that they tried to teach her, as if she was still naive because she was young, but she was offended by the fact that the servant compared Reinhardt to a slave as if he was nothing.