21

“… Ah, no.”

After a long silence, someone spoke disapproving words  in a trembling voice.

“It’s just not something that everyone can accept!”

Just as Reinhardt’s eyebrows were about to go up, he heard an exasperated voice from the crowd.

A magician in a gray robe broke through the crowd in the hall where the magicians were gathered.

“The Lord is not amusing, however, we have a complaint.”

The man in the gray robe, who showed up, added.

Reinhardt did not know, but the man who spoke was one of those who were complaining about Reihardt in the library where Valletta was in.

“Complaint?”

“Honestly, a lot of people questioned whether the Lord has the qualification to be the Magic Tower’s Master. We heard a rumor that you have sold your body as a slave to a Sokor.”

Caspelius just stood still, despite his master being humiliated.

He was just a bystander and a manager.

He served only the Tower Master, but that did not mean he was loyal enough to move his body without the Tower Master’s command. That was because what he loved was the Magic Tower that he and his eleven companions had built together, not the Magic Tower’s Master.

“My body? To whom?”

Reinhardt smirked and said.

“Who cares. Is it important that there’s a story like that? If you want to be our King, we want you to properly prove your abilities.”

Reinhardt burst out laughing at the blatant, insincere reply.

The sound of laughter was so refreshing that everyone in the room had a blank expression on their faces for a moment.

“Your king? I have no intention of becoming the king of insects.”

“What insects…”

“I just don’t want to look weak next to her so I need a moderate amount of power. There is nothing great about being the king of a place filled with insects?”

“You dare disregard magicians…”

The moment the gray robed man fiercely glared towards Reinhardt, he had no choice but to stiffen.

It was because he felt a huge amount of energy from somewhere pressing down on him.