38

***

“Excuse me, but may I know how old Lady Valletta is?”

“It was my 20th birthday when my father died. What about it?”

Carlon Delphine was silent for a moment. Then after a while, he opened his mouth again.

“… I think there’s a good place for you to stay.”

There was a lot of problem sending out a person who hasn’t adapted to social life. She seems to be knowledgeable about etiquette, but that was all. She had no knowledge needed in life.

“Lady Valletta, you just need to go to the address that I gave you. We will prepare it for you to live in. There will also be someone there to advise you.”

“I understand. What will be the delivery schedule for the potions?”

“… You’ll find out once you get there.”

Valletta immediately nodded her head. After the talk, she got up from her seat without any regret. Since the deal had been sealed, there was nothing to regret.

“I’ll make sure to inform you about the details and how Alchemists work once you arrive at the mansion.”

“Yes. Well then, please excuse me, Your Grace.”

“I heard you have no place to stay indefinitely  right now. There’s a lot of room available, you can go to one and take a rest for the day.”

Valletta’s sharp gaze landed on Carlon Delphine after she heard his invitation. Valletta, who looked at him with emotionless eyes, had a smile that seemed to have been drawn literally on her lips for a moment before opening her mouth.

It was as if she was drawing a line. It was cold, yet polite.

“No, it’s okay.”

With those words, Valletta left the room without any hesitation.

Carlon Delphine sat on the sofa, as he stared at the expensive looking ornaments that Valletta had left on the table.

Just selling these would be enough to buy a suitable house and to be able to live comfortably for the rest of her life.

‘Now that I think about it, I wasn’t able to ask.’

Why she wanted to sell potions and what her intentions were. The Duke Carlon Delphine sighed.

The child who grew up without knowing anything, seemed to have taken a light invitation as a sign of hostility.

“Just what did Count Delight make her do.”

He must have been blinded by money and fame, and had no awareness of what he had done.