46

“Are you ready?”

“Yes, it’s been a long time since I’ve worn something like this, so it’s a little uncomfortable.”

Valletta stood in front of the mirror and looked at herself. The dress did not have many laces so it wasn’t cumbersome.

Still, she felt uncomfortable moving in the dress as if it was a psychological rejection.

“Ah, I forgot to give you this.”

Valletta took the three high-grade potions on the desk and handed them to Carlon Delphine.

A look of wonder appeared on Carlon Delphine’s face.

“What is this?”

“It’s the payment for buying me this dress, and for buying me and the child clothes and other necessities. And for the cost of living here. I wanted to give it to you earlier, but that hateful guy appeared so I was absent-minded and couldn’t give it to you.”

That day, Reinhardt finished eating with a smile while sitting next to me, and disappeared like the wind again. He appeared on a whim and she had no idea if he would take her away.

‘It seems like he had no plans of taking me to the Magic Tower right now.’

In the end, he just disappeared without telling her if something had happened.

Valletta shook her head to remove the thoughts about Reinhardt, brushed her hair, and looked back at Carlon Delphine.

“I don’t have any cash so I’ll give this instead. Would that be okay?”

“… The payment?”

Carlon Delphine’s expression darkened as he whispered.

“Yes, please tell me if it isn’t enough. Since I don’t know the exact value.”

After seeing Valletta speak calmly, Carlon Delphine burst into laughter.

He thought he was treating her considerably kindly, but he didn’t expect her to put a price on everything.

He felt like someone hit his head with a hammer.

“And today is the last day of the month to fulfill what was mentioned in the contract, so I want to give you the 60 bottles starting from the end of the next month, would that be okay?”

“…”

“If that’s okay, how about making the last day of the month the delivery date?”

The child still had dead eyes.

The Magic Tower’s Master had eyes like a dead fish, a gaze that had nothing left in life, and so was Valletta’s.