69

Thank you Crissymac for the kofi~!

“The fact that one can be a suspect and witness simultaneously is something new I’m learning today.”

“That-”

“What do you mean by that? She’s supposed to be protected under Duke Delphine, under my guardianship.”

Carlon Delphine interrupted the knight, who had opened his mouth, as he pulled and hid Valletta behind him.

Valletta blinked absent-mindedly at the shoulder of the man standing in front of her.

“Lady Valletta Delight is being suspected of being an accomplice of the Magic Tower’s Master, Reinhardt.”

“… Accomplice? She’s a victim.”

“There have been numerous citizen reports and eyewitness testimonies that Lady Valletta Delight was watching the building collapse from above with Reinhardt.”

Duke Leon, who was watching one step behind them, blocked the other side of Valletta’s view and settled in front of her.

Valletta’s expression as she hid behind the two men’s backs became strange.

“Who ordered it, Commander of the 2nd Knight Order?”

At Duke Leon’s words, the Commander of the 2nd Knight Order’s forehead furrowed.

“There was a citizen report to the guard. The report came to me and I just visited in a hurry.”

“Knight Commander, as I have said beforehand, a magic circle emerged from within the mansion and there was just a strange attack. The Magic Tower’s Master was simply visiting my mansion to see her.”

“Lady Valletta Delight is also suspected regarding the murder of Count Delight. Bringing her along is unavoidable.”

Valletta, who had been silently listening to the three of them, sighed deeply.

She can’t say for certain, but everything fits together so tightly . Someone external was putting all these pieces of the puzzle together, and there were too many people playing on the board.

“Saying that without notice, my guardianship…”

“Would you like to return to Sky Island in the meantime?”

Valletta shook her head at Ceylon’s voice as he bent down and whispered in her ear.

Doing that would only add confidence to the allegations.

“We plan to interrogate her in accordance with due process, understand the situation, then release her if it is determined that she is not guilty.”