78

“Are you breaking in?”

“No, Duke Leon. This morning, His Majesty officially ordered the arrest of Valletta Delight. There is also a letter of permission with the imperial seal.”

The knight said as he quickly unfolded the rolled up paper and showed it to the Duke. Duke Leon’s brows narrowed as he looked at the man who was clearly out as an executioner. With his arms crossed he stood protectively in front of the door and checked the permission paper.

‘You’ve drawn your sword completely.’

It was clear that his intention was to block the exit. The rumors that had started to spread gradually a few days ago were well known to Duke Leon, as well as Valletta Delight herself and Carlon Delphine. The day after the servants drank the potion that the child had taken pains to share with them, they all died due to unconsciousness.

If the people who didn’t drink it had also died, they would have been able to think that it was just a worsening situation. But the problem was that those who did not drink lived and they even testified. Suddenly, they all died one by one, vomiting the potion they had taken during the night.

There was also a liquid near the dead that actually looked like the potion. Just from somewhere, rumors about Valletta started to spread, and the families of the victims instigated them with open anger. The rumor quickly grew. As a result, Duke Leon didn’t even leave the mansion for a few days to guard the inside. They came to the front and started protesting. The rumors were mixed with malicious talk, and the story grew more and more.

Carlon Delphine had moved to another mansion in the capital that he had been using as a villa since that day. He also seemed to be investigating the information in his own way, but he couldn’t prevent the simultaneous spread of information by many.

“What’s the charge?”

As if accustomed to Duke Leon’s short words, the man standing at the very front of the Order opened his mouth with courtesy.

“The order was given to take her into custody for serial murder. We have also found evidence that Lady Delight has been conducting experiments on humans at Count Delight’s residence.”

“Experiments?”

“Yes, various experimental tools and drugs were found in the basement of the Count’s mansion, as well as the bodies of the dead long before the murders.”

“What about Count Delight? The child was abused.”

“Count Delight is presumed to be the mastermind. Valletta Delight has been named as an accomplice to Count Delight’s experiments on human beings, and as an accomplice to the murder of the Count’s entire household. There are even charges of poisoning using potions.”

Duke Leon fell silent.

It made sense. All things were certain. Public opinion was brewing, and no one would believe him if he opened his mouth in this situation. But….