52

[ The new Master of the Magic Tower has become a foreign existence to it.

In the Magic Tower, the position of the Magic Tower’s Master was usually not vacant for long periods of  time. The longest time in history where the position was vacant was ten years. The Magic Tower’s Master must find the next Master then die, and if they couldn’t find them, the other magicians would find them.

However, Reinhardt was a very unusual existence. He was not born right after the death of the former Magic Tower’s Master. It was a strange situation, considering that the succession of the Magic Tower’s Master takes place when both the predecessor and successor are alive.

Reinhardt was born ten years after the death of the former Magic Tower’s Master. Not only that, he delayed his return to the Magic Tower on his own, so the position remained vacant for thirty years. Small cracks of anxiety formed, and that anxiety caused them to promote a new leader.

‘Bartio Balloxis’

In the absence of Reinhardt, it was said that Bartio Balloxis was the most outstanding magician in the Magic Tower, and said to be the wisest man. He was a gray-haired, old man whose age you wouldn’t even dare to guess. Yet most of the time, he would appear to be middle-aged.

Bartio Balloxis was not covetous, but had his own convictions. He recognized that the Master that was with Caspelius, the Magic Tower’s watchog, in a different standard. Reinhardt slaughtered the magicians in the Magic Tower the same time that he became the Tower’s Master. Those who rebelled against him were rewarded only by death.

“How long do you think this childish behavior will work?”

“A powerful force could even defeat a god.”

Reinhardt replied with a snort at Bartio Balloxis’ words.

He was arrogant, powerful, and unfortunately, intelligent as well. He just prefers taking action rather than thinking.

“How long will this kind of act continue? Unless someone stronger than me is born…”

Reinhardt’s red eyes gleamed with madness. His appearance, where his teeth could be seen, was no different from that of an unbridled beast.

“I will continue to do so.”

“Aah…”

Bartio Balloxis weeped sadly in front of him. The moonlight’s reflection fell on his tears that ran down his cheeks. Although he was born with dazzling beauty, and abilities that surpassed all other former Magic Tower Masters and was closer to a god, he showed no faith in himself. There was only cruelty.

“If you promise to act like a proper Magic Tower Master, I, Bartio Balloxis, will move as your hands and feet.”

“I’m sorry, but I’m not merciful enough to listen to a dog’s barking.”