48

“I’m fine. If it’s because of me, you can go somewhere else, or if I bother you, I will go somewhere else. I’ll let the two of you talk.”

At Valletta’s blunt words, Carlon Dephine’s gaze full of blame fell on Duke Leon.

“…”

Why was he feeling a strange sense of guilt even though he had not committed any sins?

“It’s fine.”

Valletta tilted her head at the brief and very short answer. Carlon Delphine patted her on the shoulder and pulled the chair out.

“He’s saying that we can take a seat.”

“Ah… Thank you.”

She didn’t know where in his short answer was that nuance, if it’s on his personality, the person who has known him for a long time would know.

‘By the way, if it’s Duke Leon…’

It was the first time she was seeing his face, but she had heard his name before.

The other Duke and the Empire’s sword. In all the battles and wars that he went to, it was said that he had a hundred wins and zero losses.

At the same time, she was told that he was chivalrous, faithful and had a good reputation since he did not oppress others and did not wield his power recklessly.

Not only that, it was said that he, who was from a humble fallen aristocrat yet was able to obtain the title of the Duke with his own hands, was a literal inspiration for countless people.

He was an idol for many swordsmen as it was said that no one dared to compare to him in terms of swordsmanship or power either from within the Empire or from many other existing countries.

That was all the information she had heard while she was locked up, so she doesn’t know how many of those words embody him.

'There should be at least a ten year gap between him and Carlon Delphine, right?’

They seemed to get along pretty well. Of course, Carlon Delphine was older than him.

‘And he is also the person who recognized Therion’s talent.’

It seemed like he was the one who passed on the name Leon to Therion. Valletta, who was silently rubbing her chin, glanced at Duke Leon.

‘It was also said that he’s a man of few words and quite a drinker.’

He was very picky when it comes to alcohol, so when it was discovered which drink he favored, she would hear the servants in the Delight mansion whispering that they should buy one before it becomes expensive.

“What are you thinking about?”

“I was thinking about the stories about Duke Leon.”