12

***

He still smiled gently and glanced at the robe.

If it wasn’t for the blood stain on his cheek along with his bright smile, many women would get excited.

“I can’t let any dirt get on you on my watch…”

His thumb swept slowly across Valletta’s cheekbones.

“I have paralyzed your sense of smell, so you won’t smell the blood.”

Reinhard said, smiling kindly.

His affectionate voice was his habit, but the fact that his eyes were still not smiling made her even more anxious.

‘Instead of doing useless considerations, why don’t you let me go back to my room!’

Valletta shouted in her head.

Why the hell would he give his robe to me in the first place? Is he trying to keep my body warm before he kills me?

Valletta tried to shake off the description from the novel that came into her mind. The image of Valletta smiling with a torn smile in front of her birthday cake made of human beings.

“Come on in, Master.”

He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and gave her a gentle tug.

But Valletta never wanted to go in. She strengthened her legs and held on. At the same time, she heard a low laugh. Reinhardt snapped his fingers together. Valletta’s feet then began to move on its own.

“Wait, no…!”

“Master tried to get rid of me.”

Reinhardt whisphered, clutching Valletta’s shoulders as she tried to struggle. Her legs started to move toward the dining room, her back stayed stiff.

“……”

“My tender heart was hurt a lot.”

‘Like hell!’

She reflexively cried out in her mind. Her mouth was so tightly shut that no voice came out.

Valletta bit her lips down, looked down at her feet, moving according to Reinhardt’s will.

“You used to say that the reason was because I was useless.”

His voice became even colder.

“…”

She just said that she doesn’t need a slave. In the midst of begging for him to be expelled, however, there were times where words would just come out.

She never knew he was listening. Valletta’s face turned pale.

“So I thought I would prove my usefulness like my master wanted.”

Reinhardt whispered low. He then bent down meeting her gaze, as he tugged Valletta’s hair behind her ears.

“So take a good look.”

Reinhardt’s eyes folded into a half moon. A gleaming gaze of madness reached her left wrist.

It was the forced repatriation bracelet with a green jewel from Count Delight.

“I cleaned up the trash so I’ll be useful.”

The bracelet that was made of gold, became ruptured, cracked and soon crumbled into a powder and fell on the floor.

She looked up at Reinhardt with amazed eyes, but his gaze had already left Valletta.

He opened the dining room door while holding Valletta’s shoulder.