50

***

“It’s my first time meeting you, but you sure speak rudely.”

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t feel the need for honorifics since you’ll work under me anyway.”

“I have no intention of entering the Association, and I will not enter.”

At Valletta’s firm words, Gillian’s smile widened. He might have felt displeased, but he covered it with a smile.

Gillian nodded slowly.

“That was definitely discourteous. I apologize.”

“By the way, is there a problem with the fact that I can make two advance-grade potions?”

“No, I just wanted to tell you that it’s commendable. I’m looking forward to you entering as a junior.”

“Thank you for your compliment.”

“Well then, I look forward to seeing you again next time.”

Valletta responded by bowling her head. Gillian backed down without speaking more than she thought.

It was only after there were the three of them remaining at the table, did Valletta relax her body. Still, seeing the child not letting out a single sigh, Carlon Delphine smiled wryly.

Valletta, who had yet to realize that she was still clenching their hands together, leaned on the backrest, looking tired.

‘I don’t think they will give up as easily as I thought.’

Even if things were still not ready, it would be better if they got a permit and proceeded with the planned business.

Since potions were not classified as drugs, it was not that hard to get a permit for it.

As she was about to get up from her seat, she sighed in a low tone when she realized there was still a hand that was holding hers.

Looking at the hastily released hand, Carlon Delphine simply shrugged.

“Ah, I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.”

As Carlon Delphine got up from his seat, Duke Leon, who was watching Valletta, opened his mouth.

“You should not provoke the Emperor.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Be careful.”

“… Yes.”

Upon hearing her answer, Duke Leon patted Valletta’s head once then removed his hand.

The man, who seemed to be contemplating something, simply waved at Carlon Delphine and left the banquet hall completely.

“I’m sorry for not warning you about the Emperor. Even though he seemed infinitely kind, he was someone who slaughtered his parents and all his siblings to get the throne.”

“… Is that so?”

“How much have you learned about history?”

“I didn’t learn that deeply. I only learned about the origin of the empires and world history, I don’t think I’ve learned a lot about it.”

Carlon Delphine nodded at Valletta’s answer.

He could guess how they were grooming Valletta. They pretended to teach her a lot, while excluding everything that was important to prevent her from being vigilant.

“Now that they have seen your face, I’m thinking of heading back, what do you think?”

“Doesn’t matter.”