10

***

Reinhardt, who had a cold face without an expression, raised his mouth and smiled, like he was about to say something.

“Master, it’s been a long time.”

“Ah…… yeah.”

She answered crudely while avoiding his gaze.

Exiting after closing the door, Reinhardt followed Valletta, seemingly unwilling to enter the office.

“Isn’t there something that you need to do at the office?”

“Maybe there is.”

“Ah….. I see.”

Is there something, or is there nothing, which is it.

Valletta glanced bitterly at him then went upstairs.

“Master.”

“… I’m not your master anymore.”

So please forget about me, Valletta thought.

Of course, everyone in the mansion had treated him poorly and with disdain, so no one would survive. She knows that.

But Valletta felt that it was a little unfair. No, not a little, she felt like it’s unfair. She tried to give him freedom in her own way, and she deliberately gave him the bead and gave him directions to run away.

She even gave him a map, because she thought that the  road would be difficult.

It was Reinhardt who refused it all.

She wanted to buy his favor, so she did her best for about a year and treated him kindly.

However, his cold gaze and false smile didn’t change at all and it seemed hopeless, so she gave up neatly.

Instead, she eventually ended up begging Count Delight if he could throw him away.

Of course, all of those plans are now shattered, turned into trash, and scattered on the floor.

“I think the master hates me very much.”

“…Exactly.”

To be honest, if she hadn’t known he was like that, she would have acted as if she had provided him with both a liver and a gallbladder.

That does not mean that Valletta hates pretty people, but she likes people who have gentle smiles.

“Why?”

He stuck closely behind her and whispered in a faint voice. The owner of the voice bent his waist and terrifyingly whispered in her ears.

Valletta rolled her eyes and swallowed her breath.

‘When did he grow this big…?’

She felt embarrassed as if she had never seen him that close before and decided to keep her distance.

“I never did anything to you, Master.”

Although he calls her Master, his voice is not much different to how he would treat dust on his shoulders.

Reinhardt touched Valletta’s neck with his thumb. Valletta stiffened and goosebumps appeared.

“No matter how much I try to be loved, my master finds me repulsive.”

The voice that she heard close to her ears suddenly moved away.

As she slowly turned her head, Reinhardt had the same smile again.