44

‘… So there’s a situation like that.’

Back then, Reinhardt made the male protagonist… that child go through ordeals, one after another.

In the early part of the ending of the novel, Reinhardt concealed his whereabouts after the Magic Tower collapsed once.

After not showing up for a while, he reunited with the male protagonist in that scene. Then Reinhardt started to make that child a hero like he was playing a fostering game.

Reflecting on the ending, he finally got what he wanted.

Reinhardt pushed the child into the crossroads of life and death without rest, yet the child would relentlessly come back alive, and would point the sword at Reinhardt over and over again.

In doing so, the child grew up, made some friends, and got along with other people.

He lost interest when everything was accomplished and the child settled in a normal life and was about to get married.

He once again lived a boring life.

“I shouldn’t have brought him along.”

Valletta murmured in a voice filled with regret. She raised her body damp in sweat, and drank water.

‘It’s tomorrow, the banquet.’

Valletta, who was sitting at the bed, looked at the three high-grade potions that she made, and then stood up.

It was made to give as a payment for the dresses and clothes that Duke Carlon had bought.

“My head hurts…”

It had been a long time since she hadn’t woken up in the middle of her sleep, but she didn’t know she would suffer in her dreams. She didn’t look like she had slept.

She slowly got up from her bed and walked to the desk.

‘Let’s make some more since we have the time.’

When she arrived there and wasn’t doing any alchemy, she felt like her body was rotting. She refuses to feel like a useless human being.

She put her hand on the desk and pulled out a chair.

At that moment, a faint smell of blood could be smelled through the damp air of the dim daybreak.

A gust of wind blew through the open window. Valletta let out a low sigh.

“… Do you not sleep?”

“…”

If it had been an ordinary day, a sly voice would be heard in response, but there was no answer. Valletta narrowed her brow and turned around. There was no hand that stopped her.