11

***

It has been a week since she has kept her eyes open.

She remembered that in the novel, on the morning of Valletta’s 20th birthday. Count Delight was killed.

But now, it has been a week since her birthday. Valletta squinted her eyes, and looked down.

[ After receiving the report, the guard came. Count Delight was covered with blood right from the doorway.

The more he went inside, the more he stepped into a pool of blood, and then he arrived at the dining room. The guard was frightened, and had no choice but to escape.

There were corpses whose limbs were oddly broken. And on top of it, papers were scattered all over, detailing the illegal affairs of Count Delight.

As if it was natural retribution.

And in the middle of the table, Valletta Delight was displayed. Her neck was strangely bent and her lips were disgustingly torn, as if she was forced to laugh.

In front of her were corpses piled up like a mountain and candles burning on top of the candlesticks. It looked no different from Valletta’s birthday cake. There were twenty candles that were all lit up. And that day was Valletta Delight’s 20th birthday. ]

In the novel, everyone’s end was written as if they were trying to use it for dramatic effect, so she remembered it.

So there’s no reason not to be afraid of that lunatic.

Valletta thought Reinhardt was her favorite character, but it was only in the novel.

She never wanted to meet a character like that in real life.

However, there have been some subtle differences from the novel. If this part changed, will it end quietly?

Valletta agonized. If that’s the case, she felt apologetic for what she had done to Reinhardt.

‘… But that look in his eyes was real.’

They really weren’t smiling. Or did he not have the need to kill Count Delight?

Due to her protection, he did not suffer as much damage, thus he might be less hostile. She took a deep breath.

“A week… has passed.”

This amount of time may be enough to start reassuring her. Reinhardt might be the master of the tower, but he might not be as crazy as he was in the novel.

Is there any other reason?

Did he have a change of heart? Valletta sighed, grabbing her hair.

In fact, there was nothing she could hope for if things were to end quietly. As she has been nervous all the time.

‘…… Then, all he needs to do is run away from here.’

Valletta sighed briefly. He, too, is now an adult, so it’s time for him to leave. Then the two will no longer be involved with each other.

“What a relief….”

She exhaled a sigh and laid back on her bed.

Her mind relaxed and became clear. She feels comfortable now as her agony has been resolved.

“But did she take the ingredients first?”

Valletta could not pay attention to the maid since she was thinking, but she said that she would return with her meal in an hour, yet two hours had passed.