16

When Valletta looked around the room and realized that there was no entrance at all, Valletta had to accept the reality.

‘The Magic Tower, the top floor…’

It was clear that it was Reinhardt’s room.

It has also been mentioned several times in the book. He used to sit there with a chair in front of that window, looking down at the human world, enjoying their ordeal and solving it.

Although he now has the position of the Magic Tower’s Master, he will soon awaken as a Transcendent. Those who have reached a level far beyond human abilities are called Transcendents.

“Are you awake?”

“Ah!”

Her body jumped.

Valletta forced her stiff body to turn towards the voice that was like scratching an iron.

She saw a translucent man who was covered in a dark green robe and wore a hood that concealed his face.

He opened his mouth as Valletta took a step back with a suspicious look, narrowing her eyes.

“The Lord ordered me to prepare a meal for you if you’re hungry.”

“I want to get out of here.”

“It’s impossible.”

“Since you came in, there must be a way out.”

“It’s impossible.”

Valletta touched her forehead as she looked at the man, who wasn’t even a machine, repeating the same words over and over again.

She knew who the person in front of her was. The Magic Tower’s Ghost, Magic Tower’s Genie, Magic Tower’s caretaker, Magic Tower’s component, a worthless existence of the tower. There were quite a few words to describe him. And the way he was treated was also not good.

But the reality is a little different. He was one of the twelve magicians who built this Magic Tower.

It is said that he loved the Magic Tower so much that he poured half of his mana into it, making him neither dead nor alive.

Caspelius.

It was revealed by Reinhardt near the end of the novel that a person with that name in the history books was still alive. It was him who recognized his true face.

‘But that doesn’t change the fact that he’s treated like a dog.’

Valletta let out her sigh.

If she was captured in this way, she would be able to somehow escape, but she’s honestly sick of wondering if she’s going to be fine.