chap. 7

“My lady, I have brought it!”

Then the coachman, who came in the middle of the silence, laid down the log that was used as a stepping stone. Valletta stepped on it and got off the carriage.

‘If it wasn’t for this dress, I would’ve jumped down.’

Valletta grabbed the hem of her uncomfortable dress.

“You go and stand by.”

As she waved her hand to send the coachman away, the coachman bowed.

She sighed again as she watched the coachman drive away with the carriage. As she looked behind her, Reinhardt was still there.

“What about you…?”

“I will be with my master.”

“Is that so.”

She nodded and waited for a while, and soon the door opened and the attendant came out.

“Welcome, Lady Delight.”

“Yes, long time no see.”

“Yes, it’s been a long time. You’ve become even more beautiful.”

“Thank you.”

Valletta, who exchanged greetings with the attendant for formality’s sake, followed him to the drawing room.

As the center of the empire, the Imperial palace was filled with gold wherever you look.

The attendant opened the door to the drawing room.

Valletta lowered her eyes, went in slowly, and carefully bowed her head.

“It is an honor to meet the empire’s sun. I’m Valletta Delight.”

“Oh, you’re here, Lady Delight. You can raise your head. You don’t have to be so stiff, as we will soon be married anyway.”

“That will be after our coming of age ceremony.”

Valletta raised her head, answering calmly.

Golden hair, deep blue eyes, clear features, a friendly smile, and naturally curved eyes that seemed to have no wrinkles.

He was very beautiful, but at the same time, Valletta was not impressed. When it comes to beauty, a person who has gone far beyond humanity wakes her up every morning.

Not only that, she didn’t like the situation very much.

‘A marriage without love.’

In her previous life, she never thought of getting married like this. Of course, it still didn’t feel real. The only relief was that the coming of age ceremony would be held at the same age as her previous world.

‘There’s still 6 years left.’

She had to use her brain somehow and escape this engagement, as she didn’t want to marry the Crown Prince and be the Crown Princess. All the more because she knew that the Imperial Family’s target was her alchemy.

“Haha, Lady Delight is cold today as well. Still, thank you for coming and not refusing.”

“It’s because if I don’t come, my father will nag me about it.”

“Hmm… Count Delight surprisingly seems to have a scary side.”

The Crown Prince sat on the sofa and beckoned Valletta to sit down as well. She sat down without refusing, and Reinhardt proceeded to kneel down next to Valletta.