68

“Medical team! Start treating the wounded right now!”

“… Incredible, I never thought it would be so dramatic. I guess they like plays.”

Valletta murmured quietly. Duke Leon, who was beside her, looked at her face without a word.

“Valletta-nim, your fellow Sokors are writhing in agony, do you think nothing of it?”

“Ah.”

Valletta’s gaze shifted from the rubble of the building.

In that horrible sight, there were people screaming and crying in agony as they held the corpse of their dead colleague in their arms.

“…”

Why was it sad that people died in an inevitable event that happened? It wasn’t like the world would move again if they cried right now.

The dead won’t come back to life, and to mourn the death of people she doesn’t know, she wasn’t confident that she could do it sincerely. If so, wouldn’t it be better to do nothing at all?

Was it right to say that she was sad and that it was regrettable even if it was a lie?

“… Snow tiger.”

At that moment, Valletta’s eyes widened at the sound of a small voice from behind.

A look of astonishment appeared on her face for the first time, then slowly contorted. Valletta quickly swept her gaze at the people who were groaning.

‘None.’

Her eyes, which had not blinked for a long time, blinked slowly after a long time. Valletta took a deep breath, then her brows furrowed.

“You, can you find the snow tiger?”

Valletta said in a bit of a hurry, turning her gaze to Ceylon.

“…My magic is not precise enough to find such a small thing.”

“You’re being punished…”

The maid, who had been sitting on the floor with missing arms, muttered in tears.

Valletta’s gaze slowly turned downward.

“It’s because you’re the only one unharmed and with that indifferent expression at the suffering of others…! An aristocrat who lived a happy life would not understand the suffering of others.”

Valletta blinked silently at the malicious remark.

‘It’s an accident that already happened.’

She could not move in a way that would help her. If she were to needlessly do something, she would’ve been a hindrance. Thinking so, she slowly moved toward the rubbles.