813

Advice Request
This person has a crush on their friend, who has liked them in the past, but they aren't sure if this friend likes them back now, and so they want to know if they should confess their feelings or not. 

Answered Submission
Hey! Having a crush is a common experience many go through, you definitely don't have to worry about being alone in this. Now, in your case, I would definitely suggest pushing forward and confessing. Since Luci did mention that they liked you once, you have a good decent chance of getting into a relationship. And even if you confess your feelings, that doesn't mean you're putting pressure on them so you don't have to worry about it. When you're confessing, you can add that you don't mean to put pressure on them but you just wanted to clarify your feelings and that if Luci isn't ready, you can wait or they can confess to you when they're ready with no pressure. And if Luci changes her mind and says that she liked you once but not anymore, that's also okay. Rejection is better than not confessing at all because once you confess, at least they start to notice you and see you in a romantic way. If you don't confess, you'll always be seen in a friendly manner. 

So, my advice would be to go ahead and confess. Tell her that you don't need to be in a relationship necessarily but you just wanted to state your feelings clearly. You have every right to state your feelings and they have every right to reject or accept. If they ask you to wait and you get tired of waiting, you have the right to end things there and move on. If they ask you to wait and their answer ends up being a rejection, they have every right to do so. Go ahead and be a little brave. There's no loss in this situation. Good luck!! Please take care of yourself. 

Thank you,
The Advice Column Team