893

Advice Request
This person's texts are being ignored by someone they are friends with.

Answered Submission
Hello,

Being ignored is certainly not a fun experience, especially being ignored by a friend. Unfortunately, since they are still ignoring your messages even though they are active with other mutual friends, there is little you can do. You do not have much in the way of options.

My recommendation is to let things lie as they are. If this person is choosing to ignore your messages, then there is little point in continuing to message them. If you wanted to, you could send one more message asking for clarification on the situation; even if they choose not to reply, you may still get a small sense of closure. At least you can say you tried, right?

I do not recommend spamming them, so if you do choose to send a final message, opt for a paragraph over a series of individual texts, or perhaps even keep your message brief, though I understand you likely have a lot you want to say to them. On that note, there is no need to tell them outright that you do not wish to be friends with them anymore. That won't get you anywhere, and depending on how you say it, it could end up just making you appear petty or something of that nature. As cliche as it sounds, being the "bigger person" will likely help you in this situation. Even if the friendship ends here, at the very least you will know that you handled it maturely while they chose to give you the silent treatment for some reason unknown to you.

I hope this helps, love. I'm sorry you're dealing with this, and I wish you all the best. Message us again anytime!

Best,
The Advice Column Team