904

Advice Request
This person has two dates for the same dance.

Answered Submission
Hey!

A dance sounds exciting, and of course, you’d want to go with a partner you would enjoy the time with.

In this scenario, you’d have to ask yourself if the first boy you asked and re-asked can be understanding towards the fact that you want to go with the second boy. If he can be understanding, try communicating that you would like to spend time with the second boy (maybe because of a crush on him or another reason). I’m sure he would love for you to go with a guy you like since he himself has a crush on someone else. If going with the second guy will make you happy, I suggest you pursue your happiness here while making sure that no one else gets hurt through miscommunications.

I’m sure you feel bad for the first guy but try taking him out on a platonic date some other time. As in, compensate for the constant asking and re-asking by buying him a meal or coffee. I’m sure he’d appreciate a sincere gesture.

I’m not sure why your friend asked another boy out for you, maybe you didn’t have the courage to ask him, or whatever the reason may be. However, if you choose not to go with the second boy, explain the miscommunication that happened. Similarly, ask him out for a coffee or meal to compensate for the dance.

Whoever you choose, make sure to communicate with both people and make your feelings clear. And remember compensating for the dance through a meal is only a gesture of kindness and goodwill. It’s not a must to do it. Make sure they don’t take it the wrong way as well.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your dance!

Thank you,
The Advice Column Team