Hurt Me

*A/N: ISWM Part 2 Spoilers. Mature content. That slimy snake of an actor that we love to hate. Read at your own discretion.

Hurt Me

Swirls of varying shades of blue and white filled your vision - the wormhole. To most people, seeing something like this would be shocking, or amazing, or groundbreaking. But to you, it was just another day. One of many days, many years, many timelines. You were constantly being sucked into this damn thing, having to try to guess which way to go and which time to go. You didn't know what the hell you were doing. You were just trying to figure out what was right, and do that. You were the captain of the Invincible II, and you didn't want to let your crewmates or the universe for that matter, down. But you didn't know who to trust or what was best. And it felt like you were going to spend eternity trying to find out.

This time, you were on the ship when the wormhole spit you out. You watched as Mark built the wormhole, and the device that kept it in place. One Mark, two Marks, a half dozen Marks were in various places at once, working on it. Various times at once. They were working without distraction for a moment, until they all suddenly looked your way. Creepy...except that they actually weren't looking at you. They were looking slightly behind you. And when you turned around to see what the fuss was about, you were greeted by another Mark, who was holding a fire extinguisher in his hands.

"Hi, Captain."

WHACK! The extinguisher collided with your head, and you fell to the floor, everything going black.

You weren't sure how long you had been out when you woke up. It seemed to have maybe only been a moment, so you tried to get up. Mark was still there, just the one that hit you. And he crouched to the ground in front of you, a plier-like tool in his hands.

"Sorry about that. Couldn't afford to let you make another mistake."

Mark took your hand and used the tool to disconnect the blue crystal from your glove. It came out with a spark.

"Yeah, funny thing to say after an eternity of nothing but second chances," he continued. You were so confused. What was he doing? You reached out to him, and he harshly grabbed your wrist, digging his fingers into your skin. "DON'T." He pushed your hand aside, letting go of it aggressively. "You don't have to keep trying anymore. There's no time, anyway."

"But, Mark. Wait!" you protested.

"Didn't you hear what I just said? There's no time. Another thing I never thought I'd say. But I'm going to fix the damage you caused."

"I didn't mean to hurt anyone, or anything. You should know that! I was trying to do the right thing," you explained.

"I'm sure you were. But do you realize how many years I've had to spend trying to undo everything you did? Those are years I can't get back. I could have spent all that time doing a thousand other things. And now that I'm finally close to finishing the job, here you are to ruin things some more." Mark was fuming, and you didn't blame him. You'd be angry at you, too. You were angry at yourself.

"I know how it looks. I know that I messed up. As Captain, it was my responsibility to lead the Invincible II and keep its colonists safe. And I failed to do that. But every time I made a mistake, it was just that - a mistake. I had no intentions of any of this, and I still have no intentions of making anything worse."

"Everytime you made a mistake? It's only a mistake if you do it once or twice. Then you learn from it. You change your behavior and your actions. When you fuck up hundreds, thousands, infinite amounts of times, it's hardly a mistake anymore."