The Doctor Is In

The Doctor Is In

I hated going to the doctor. I always had and I always will. I didn't like people having to get up close and personal to see what was wrong with me, and I got annoyed with all the tests that had to be done during check ups. I had to admit, it wasn't quite as bad when it was with a doctor I actually knew and had been going to for quite a while, but the doctor I knew and loved had left town and my family and I didn't follow him. Now that I was getting truly sick for the first time in a long time, there was a new doctor in town, one that nobody really knew much about yet.

"I'm fine, Mom. I don't need to see a doctor," I tried to convince her as she was looking up the number for the doctor's office.

"You're not fine, I can tell you aren't. Don't tell me that at nineteen years old you're still afraid of going to the doctor!"

"I'm not afraid, I'm just not comfortable with it, especially if it's someone new. Can't you at least come with me when I go?" I tried to negotiate.

"You know I work every day and I can't just take time off whenever I please to take you somewhere you're perfectly capable of going to yourself. I'm sorry, but I'm already making the appointment for you. You'll have to go alone." With that, my mom found the phone number and proceeded to call and make the appointment for me. The one thing that sucked about growing up was that you actually had to act like an adult and handle things for yourself. Moments like this made me wish I was a little kid again.

Despite the fact that I was extremely nervous, I drove myself to the doctor's office on a Wednesday for my scheduled appointment. I signed in, filled out the necessary paperwork, and waited. After the longest fifteen minutes of my life, I was finally called into a room.

The checkup room I was brought into was nothing like any other checkup room I had ever seen. It was dark in there. The blinds on the windows were closed and the lights were dim. There were strange jars filled with god knows what sitting on the counters all over the room along with random tools and instruments with unknown purposes. I had been anxious enough already, but now things were only getting worse. I wanted out of this place, and nothing had even happened yet.

"Hello, Miss Fisher. I'm Doctor Fischbach. Our names are oddly similar, aren't they?" My new doctor suddenly entered the room, interrupting my concerned thoughts. He was already trying to make small talk with me, and I didn't like it. I didn't want to be here.

"Yeah, I guess so," I replied, eyeing him. He was average height, with dark hair and scruffy facial hair to match. His eyes behind his glasses must have been brown, but in the lighting they almost appeared to be black. He seemed somewhat young, like he had maybe just recently finished medical school, which freaked me out a little.

"So your throat's been bothering you, huh?" he questioned me, looking over the papers I had filled out.

"Yeah, I'm worried it might be Strep," I told him. He nodded, took off his glasses, and tossed the paperwork onto the unorganized pile on the counter. He closed the door and then locked it, which wasn't something my old doctor had ever done before...

"Why'd you lock the door?" I wondered, my heartbeat increasing in speed.

"I don't like to be bothered while I'm working," he smiled, trying to push it off like it was nothing. "Miss Fisher, can you do me a favor and sit down?" He motioned to the chair in the center of the room. It was where the exam bed with the paper down the center would normally be. It made the place feel more like a dentist's office than a doctor's, but it wasn't as if anything else had been normal so far. I reluctantly sat in the reclining chair which he immediately strapped me to.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked, struggling to get out. It was no use. My wrists were completely stuck and the chair was bolted to the floor so I couldn't just stand up and walk away.

"Please calm down. I wouldn't want to have to waste sedatives on you," he responded calmly, filling a syringe so as to frighten me.

"What kind of a doctor are you?"

"A mad one," he laughed, sounding somewhat maniacal. "Now, what should I use first..." He examined all of his creepy tools, most of which looked medieval. After a few moments, he made his selection. He grabbed what appeared to be something that had to be attached to the head. There was what looked to be a drill bit down the center.

"How the fuck is THAT supposed to help my strep throat?" I gulped, trying to think of ways to escape.

"Watch your language in my office, will you? It's not for strep throat. I'm just intrigued by you. I want to take a closer look into your mind," he grinned. He brought the equipment over to me and I suddenly got an idea that I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of before. I screamed as loudly as I possibly could. That would get someone's attention.

"Scream all you want, nobody can hear you. The walls are sound proof, you see." I ignored him and kept screaming at the top of my lungs until he grabbed a rag and shoved it into my open mouth to shut me up. I looked around the room for something, anything that could help get me out of this dangerous situation, but I saw nothing. Doctor Fischbach proceeded to put the headgear on me, which dug into my skin. It hurt already, and the drill bit center wasn't even on or moving yet.

"Now that you're cooperating, let's begin the examination. The doctor is in!" He turned the machine on and I heard the drill bit getting closer and closer to my head until there was no sound or light or feeling, just dark nothingness.

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this Darkiplier one shot! It was inspired by the Dread Doctor characters in the current season of Teen Wolf and Mark's old Surgeon Simulator play throughs. If you liked it, please vote for this part and leave me some comments! Also, if you have any questions for me (personal, writing related, specific story related, silly, serious, whatever) or challenge requests for the 1k follower milestone video I'm making, please send them to me! You can check out my book I created specifically for these requests on my profile page under my works or if it's easier for you, you can leave those requests and questions in the comments of this one shot. Thanks for reading :)