Damien?

Damien?

A/N: This is a one shot taking place after the events of WKM. Please note that in this one shot, you are a friend of Damien's, but you did not attend the celebration at Markiplier Manor. Enjoy!

You were out for a leisurely stroll on a sunny spring day when you saw him. You had to do a double take, but after a second glance you realized that there was no mistaking him. The perfectly fitted suit, the dark hair, the cane...it was the mayor. You guessed it made sense - he was in the yard of Mark's gorgeous mansion, and they had been friends for years. Except that it had been a long time since you had seen Mayor Damien, and he was seemingly missing.

It had been about a month since a truly tragic event had occurred at Markiplier Manor. Mark had thrown a big celebration and invited some of his closest friends to his place for it - Damien had told you all about it before he went. You even got some hilarious pictures from him that night - it appeared to be a pretty good time. But it came out the next day that Mark had been murdered in his own home, and since then the whereabouts of most of the people who had attended the celebration were unknown, Damien included. You had tried reaching out to no avail. He cared about Mark, and you wanted to be there for him in his time of loss and grieving, but he never replied, and everyone you talked to said they hadn't seen him. From what you could tell, he was nowhere to be found. So, naturally, you were floored to see him while you were out on your walk. You had begun to think you may never see or talk to him again!

You had to cross the street to get to the mansion. It looked like a castle. You had never been inside - Mark was Damien's friend, not yours - but you had always wanted to visit. Damien's stories about the place painted a great picture in your mind, but it was even more beautiful in person. The whole neighborhood was incredible, which was why you had chosen to go for a walk there in the first place. Now you were very glad you did.

"Damien? Is that you?" You called out as you reached the sidewalk. Now that you were closer, you could see some key changes from the Damien you were used to. His hair was almost always slicked back, but today he had left it down in his face. And he loved bowties - he was rarely without one when he had on a suit, except for today. You didn't see his mayor badge, either - not that he wore it 24/7, but when he was dressed for business, it was usually secured to his jacket. These differences weren't necessarily bad, but they were definitely noticeable, and you wondered if they were caused by the sadness he had to have been feeling from losing Mark.

"Y/n, hey!" Damien responded, a smile appearing on his face. He walked up to the gate of the fence that secured the mansion, looking through the spaces between the black iron that it was made of.

"I can't believe it's you! I heard about what happened here - I tried to reach out, to see how you were doing, but I never got a response from you. I've been worried sick about you," you explained, overwhelmed with feelings of relief that he was alive and in front of you.

"I'm sorry, y/n. It was a lot to take in...I'm afraid I isolated myself a bit too much from everyone and everything. I haven't really been talking to anyone," Damien replied, looking down at his shoes. His smile had faded.

"That's completely understandable. I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. I'm just glad to see that you're okay," you assured him.

"Well, I still shouldn't have shut you out like that, no matter what happened. Maybe I can begin to make it up to you with a drink? Perhaps a cup of tea or coffee, or if you'd rather, something a little harder..."

"Sure, Damien. That sounds great."

"Step back and I'll let you in. There are some things here that I guess Mark wanted me to have, and I'm just now getting around to picking them up. Benjamin's hanging around, still - he'll insist on making whatever you choose to drink, even if he's not working as Mark's butler anymore."