You're Welcome

You're Welcome

"Five minutes, everyone!" a voice rang out backstage. It was utter chaos. There was a whole crew of people running around like madmen, putting props in their places, checking technology, and going through to do lists, making sure everything was ready. Of course, the craziness was to be expected - it was the first day of tour, after all, Teamiplier's first show.

"Are you ready?" Tyler asked, putting a hand on Mark's shoulder.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Mark replied with a smile. But truthfully, he wasn't sure if he was ready. Sure, they had rehearsed a million times and he knew the show like the back of his hand, but he had never done anything like this before. Nerves clawed at his insides, digging into his stomach.

It wasn't like he had never been in front of a crowd before, but panels were completely different from acting and singing and improv. He wanted everything to be perfect, and he didn't want to let anyone down. And on top of it all, everything felt really off, like something wasn't right. But Mark had gone through his mental checklist about a dozen times, and everything was ready. Maybe it was just the nerves that were unsettling him. Or at least, that was what he decided before he was pulled towards the x made of tape that marked where he was supposed to stand at the start of the show. Sure enough, there were just two minutes left now.

The unsettling feeling that Mark had disappeared as the curtains were pulled back and the show began. He threw all of his focus into his performance, remembering his lines, going to the correct positions, and doing the necessary costume changes. The lights were bright and it was sweltering on stage, but the nerves he had felt before were gone as the crowd ate it all up. They were loving every second of the show so far, and that made everyone on stage feel more confident.

It wasn't until about halfway through the show that Mark remembered he had felt strange at all. The uncomfortable feeling not only came back, but it intensified greatly. Mark knew that something was wrong - something bad was going to happen. He tried his best to keep his composure until he got backstage, where he was supposed to be grabbing a prop. His breathing became quick and shallow as he maneuvered through the darkness, ducking behind a wall to grab what he needed. And that was when he felt a hand cover his mouth, another one switching off his mic and throwing it onto the floor.

"Try not to struggle too much, Mark. They're expecting me on stage any second now," a deep, sinister voice spoke. Mark didn't have to turn to know who his attacker was. He could tell it was Dark by his tone. Mark's suspicions were confirmed as he was thrown into a chair and he was finally able to see the familiar demon in his favorite suit, the same height and build as Mark with the same face, too, apart from the fact that his eyes were rimmed with black.

"Well, to be fair, they're expecting you, but I don't think they'll be too disappointed. Your fans love me, you know." Mark was disgusted by the sneer on Dark's face as he grabbed some rope off of the floor, preparing to tie Mark down.

"As far as they're concerned, you're not real," Mark told him coldly, planning an escape in his mind.

"Exactly. They'll think you did a quick change back here and that it's all part of the show. They'll think you're acting, that your voice is being modified by your mic, which I'll be taking," Dark explained. He was about to begin wrapping the rope around Mark and the chair when Mark balled his hand into a fist and tried to swing. But for some reason, he couldn't move his arm. He couldn't struggle - it was as if he was paralyzed.

"What the - why can't I move?!" he panicked, terrified of what was happening to his body.

"I'm a demon, Mark, that comes with perks. One perk is that I can control you to an extent if I really want to. And you know, it's much easier to tie you up if you can't try to fight me," Dark grinned, going to work. In just a few moments, Mark was completely tied up, tethered to the chair. He tried to scream, but that didn't seem to work either. Even though his mouth was opening, no sound was coming out.

"I know you can't talk, but it would feel wrong to leave you here without putting a little tape on your mouth," Dark decided, picking up a roll of duct tape and tearing off a piece, which he slapped onto Mark's lips.

"Perfect. The kidnapped look is good for you, Mark! But as much as I'd love to take a picture, I really should get going. As I said before, they're waiting." Dark picked the mic up off the ground and attached it to his suit, which he straightened before he stepped onto the stage, his mic on and ready to go.

"Hello everybody! My name is Darkiplier." Fans screamed in delight at what they thought was a costume change and a quick makeup job, and Dark's cockiness only increased. "Yes, yes, I know. Finally, your favorite Ego is here! You're welcome."