Bloodthirsty

Bloodthirsty

You arrived at Dark's house around 7 pm on Halloween night. He had invited you over for drinks as a pregame of sorts before the two of you headed to a friend's Halloween party together. It was like pulling teeth convincing him to go with you, so you felt like it would be rude to turn down his request to hang out beforehand.

You walked up the steps to the front door of his home and knocked three times on the door. A few moments later, it opened. You smiled at Dark, who was in full costume. While it wasn't his usual suit, the look still worked well for him.

"Vampire, huh?" you commented, checking out his long black cloak that had red detailing on the inside. He had paired it with his usual white dress shirt, a black vest, and black dress pants. He appeared to have fangs, as well.

"The aesthetic suits me, don't you think?" he asked. You nodded and walked inside.

"So, what are we drinking?" you wondered as you followed him to his spacious kitchen, admiring the black cabinets and marbled countertops.

"I found a new wine the other day that I think you'll love. It's a sparkling red. Better get something sophisticated on your palette before ruining it with whatever disgusting punch they have at the party," he grumbled. He would taste other liquor, but wine was his signature drink. Normally red, although he enjoyed all kinds.

"It won't be disgusting, you're just picky. But a sparkling red sounds nice, just the same," you decided. You pulled out one of the comfortable leather barstools from the island in the center of the room and took a seat. Dark pulled out a brand new bottle of wine and uncorked it, then retrieved two shiny wine glasses from the cabinets and filled one generously with liquor. He slid the glass to you and you took a sip. It was bubbly and sweet.

"You're right, this is delicious. Aren't you going to have some?" you questioned him, furrowing your brows in confusion as he went digging for another bottle.

"Not tonight. I have a taste for something different," he replied. He brought out a label-less bottle of bright red liquid. It looked like wine, but thicker. He poured himself a glass and took a sip, a satisfied smile on his lips after he swallowed.

"What is that?" you puzzled, curious.

"My own special concoction. It's not sweet, so you wouldn't like it, or else I'd let you try it."

You shrugged this off, knowing he was right; you hated anything that was too dry. He took a seat next to you and the two of you talked and laughed, enjoying your drinks. Dark drained his bottle rather quickly. It was smaller than a wine bottle, but you still weren't entirely sure what was in it. Dark wasn't acting drunk, although it did take a lot for alcohol to affect him. Even so, you were worried about how fast he was going with the drinks.

"I know we're taking an Uber, but maybe you should slow down. Even if you don't like the punch, they'll have something for you at the party. And I know you'll want to have alcohol if I'm forcing you to be at a party," you reminded him.

"I'm out, anyways. This was my last bottle. I could always get more, though," Dark thought aloud.

"So what I'm hearing is we're going to the liquor store before the party," you laughed.

"Not exactly."

"Oh. You have the ingredients here already?"

"I do. Sitting right next to me."

Dark bared his teeth to show off fangs. Which he of course had - he was a vampire for Halloween.

"Oh, I see what you're doing. Need some fresh blood, Dracula?" you giggled. He wasn't normally a joking kind of person, but you weren't complaining.

"I do indeed. And yours would be perfect, with that sweet wine in your bloodstream..."

He carefully pulled your hair off of your neck, gazing longingly at your exposed skin. There was a look of hunger in his eyes. His little joke wasn't quite as funny to you anymore.

"I get it, you're a vampire. But you're kind of freaking me out, Dark," you warned him, scooting your chair back slightly to put some more distance between the two of you.

"I don't think you do get it. The attire might be a bit over the top, but these fangs aren't from a costume store. They don't come out, y/n."

"Stop trying to scare me. Vampires aren't real, dummy. And I don't like this game anymore," you told him.

"It's not a game, y/n!" he snapped, glitching slightly out of annoyance and anger. "I've been trying to drink sparingly, but it's only made my condition worse. The more I drink, the more thirsty I get. I'm out, y/n. But you're right here."

You wanted to leave. You'd go to the party without him. He didn't want to go anyways, not really. You didn't like how he was acting. It didn't feel like he was acting at all; his emotions, his expressions, the tone of his voice, it all seemed genuine. He was good at manipulating people, but not this good.

You stood up and scooted your stool in.

"Thank you for the drinks, Dark, but I think I'll be leaving now," you announced.

"Oh, no you're not. You're not going anywhere."

Before you could get to the door, Dark slammed you against the wall. You tried to fight him, but he was strong. He had your wrists pinned, and you tried to kick, but your legs were pressed tightly against the wall as well.

"What the hell?! Stop it!" you yelled. And then you felt the sharp sting of fangs going deep into your neck.

You screamed out in pain, and looked at him in horror as you saw your own blood dripping from his chin.

"I can't stop, y/n. I told you, I'm thirsty. And you taste so good."

His lips went back to your neck and he sucked down your blood. You continued writhing and struggling against him to no avail. He bit you again and again, to make you bleed more. The more blood you lost, the weaker you got, and soon you didn't have the strength to fight him anymore. You slid down to the floor, helpless as he drained you. He truly was a vampire after all.