Happy Birthday, Dark

*A/N: As you know, y/n is your/name, and y/f/____ is your/favorite/_____. In this you can imagine that you're a friend of Dark's or more than that, if you'd like - I kept it pretty casual. Hope you enjoy!

Dark didn't really care too much about birthdays or holidays. They were just another day to him. He really only showed interest if someone he cared about was really excited about them. And since he wasn't exactly human and he was a bit of a rare case, he had never celebrated his birthday before - or rather, the day he became...well, Dark, the fusion of two people. He didn't believe in celebrating it, but birthdays were incredibly important to humans, and you thought he deserved a nice day all about him. That's why you were surprising him for his special day and throwing him his first real "birthday" party.

You knew Dark wouldn't want some huge party with a ton of people - that wasn't his style. So instead, you were just inviting a few people he was close to. There would be chill music, drinks, his favorite foods, and that was about it. Really low key.

You waited until Dark was out of his house, then snuck in and began the decorating. It wasn't much - just a few balloons and streamers and a banner that said 'Happy Birthday'. You got matching plates, napkins, cups, and straws, and that was that. You began preparing the food and before you knew it, Dark was back.

"What's all this?" he questioned you when he walked in, taking in all of the new decor.

"It's your birthday! I thought we should celebrate," you reminded him.

"I don't have a birthday, y/n. I wasn't born, I just...came to be," he replied.

"I know, but why not celebrate the day you became who you are? That's a big deal! I know you said you're not into birthdays, but you've never had one, and you don't know whether you like something or not until you've tried it. It's not going to be anything crazy, I promise. Only your close friends are coming," you assured him.

"Just a few people?"

"Yes. Nobody you absolutely despise. Wil, Google, Bing, Eric, King, the Jims. And we're going to have a variety of different pastas, your favorite. I also made sure you were stocked up on the best red wine and there are several chocolatey desserts, including an amazing-looking cake." You showed Dark around the house so he could see the set up, and he almost seemed overwhelmed.

"Wow, y/n. You really went all out. This is amazing! You didn't have to do all of this for me," he told you.

"I know, but I wanted to. And there is also one more thing."

Dark furrowed his brows in confusion and you pulled out a present that you were hiding behind a bunch of stuff in the hall closet.

"Y/n..." Dark began, but you interrupted him before he could finish his sentence.

"I know I didn't have to, but I wanted to. Just open it," you insisted. He pulled off the velvet bow and tore at the wrapping paper. He opened the box to reveal a brand new black suit. His jaw dropped as he unfolded it and checked it out.

"It's custom, look - the threads inside are red and blue, and your name is embroidered in it. I gave them your measurements, so it should fit you perfectly. Plus, I just wrapped it so it shouldn't be wrinkled."

"This is incredible. I absolutely love it. Thank you, y/n." Dark wasn't usually a big hugger, but he opened his arms to you and you graciously embraced him.

"You're welcome, Dark. Happy birthday! You should go get changed - I was kind of hoping you'd wear your new suit for your party," you suggested.

"Alright, I'll go try it on."