Drunk In Love

Drunk In Love

Dark had never been drunk. Tipsy, maybe, but never so intoxicated that he really acted any differently, or slurred his words, or stumbled. His best friend Wilford, however, had been drunk many times. Not that it was easy to tell when he was drunk - he already spoke funny and acted silly when he was sober. But Wilford insisted that Dark needed to experience being drunk at least once in his life. Truthfully, Wilford mainly thought that Dark needed to relax and loosen up for once, and liquor usually did the trick for most people. But Wil didn't say that to him; instead he convinced him that it would be fun and bugged him about it until he agreed.

"If I go out drinking with you, will you shut up?" Dark frowned.

"You know I can't make any promises," Wilford chuckled. "But I won't bug you to come out with me again."

Dark was alright with those terms, so when Friday night came, they went out.

Wilford decided that they would bar hop, but they started out at Wil's favorite club. He went there often enough to know the bartenders and bouncers, so they didn't even have to wait in line to get in.

Dark was intimidated by the place once they got in. He had been to bars, but never a club. It was huge, the lights were bright, and the music was blaring. He wasn't exactly one to hit the dance floor ever, which was generally the whole point of clubs. Plus, he seemed to be the only one in the whole place who was dressed so formally.

"I don't know about this, Wil. I don't exactly fit in here," Dark shouted over the music.

"I don't fit in hardly anywhere and you don't hear me complaining!" Wilford replied. "Besides, everyone's cool here. Nobody cares who you are or what you're wearing. Although, you could stand to lose the tie. And undo a button or two."

Wilford loosened and removed Dark's tie, which he tossed into the crowd on the dance floor. Dark winced, clearly pained by the fact that his tie was now being stepped on and soaked in alcohol that people had spilled. But Wil ignored his reaction and unbuttoned Dark's white dress shirt a bit, showing his chest off.

"Come on, let's go get some drinks. You'll care less once you've got some booze in your system!" Wilford pulled Dark over to the bar and ordered a martini while Dark opened his mouth to order a glass of wine.

"Don't you dare ask for wine. Get something different for once!" Wilford badgered him.

"You ordered a martini as usual," Dark argued.

"I try different kinds!"

"Then I'll have white wine instead of red."

"Oh, come on, Dark! Try something new," Wil whined. When Dark turned back towards the bartender, he ordered straight whiskey, and Wilford rolled his eyes.

"It's something new. I don't normally drink whiskey," Dark told him as he stuffed a tip into the jar on the bar counter.

"Yeah, and it's also boring! But whatever. I'll have you drinking a fancy fruity drink by the end of the night, just you wait!"

Dark basically downed his drink when he got it, but Wilford took his to the dance floor, spilling bits of it every time he moved. Dark sat on a couch on the wall with his arms crossed.

"Come out here and dance!" Wil yelled to him, but Dark just shook his head. Wil left him alone for the moment. But soon a group of tipsy girls had flocked around Dark, and they weren't getting the hint that he wasn't interested. At that point, Wilford swooped in and pulled him onto the floor with him.

"I don't dance, Wil," Dark groaned.

"Well you can't waste space on the dance floor if you're not going to move. You don't have to be good at it, just do anything! Just sway from side to side for all I care!"