Blind

A/N: Female self-insert one shot about Yancy. Contains smut. Enjoy ;)

Blind

It was a good day at Happy Trails Penitentiary. The sun had been shining when you had free time out on the grounds, and a jacket wasn't needed. The guards had been impressed with your work ethic in the laundry room. And to top it all off, your favorite dinner was being served. You couldn't help but smile as you grabbed your full tray in the cafeteria and took it to your usual table with the friends you had made during your time there. It was comforting to know that even if you're in prison, you can still have good days.

You and your friends chatted about how your days had gone. Even here, there was plenty of rumors and gossip to discuss, and meal times were perfect for venting about anything unfortunate that had occurred during the day. But before you could get too deep into conversation with your buds, a handsome inmate with dark, slicked back hair and several tattoos slipped a note onto your table, tucking it underneath your tray. He gave you a smile and a wink before heading to his own table to sit and eat with his friend group.

"Since when did you two start passing notes?" your friend y/f/n asked, stifling a giggle.

The inmate was your boyfriend, Yancy, and the note was an invitation. It read:

Secret Hideout. Meet me. You know what time ;)

"What's it say?" another friend questioned you, trying to grab the paper out of your hands. You crumpled it up and tossed it into the trash can a few feet away before they could get to it.

"None of your business!" you told them.

"Whatever. I'm sure it's just an invite to meet up later. How long has it been since your last rendezvous, a few hours?" the table teased you. Your relationship with Yancy was a common topic at meals.

"More like a few days. We're trying to keep our meet ups to once a week, thank you very much!" you corrected them.

Yancy knew Happy Trails well. So well, in fact, that he had found a passage that led to an old cell that had been blocked in years ago. The warden and guards seemed to not know about it, but Yancy did. He had showed it to you (after making you promise you wouldn't tell a soul), and now you regularly met him there to get some time alone with him. Over a few months, he had really decked out the place with bedding that he had stolen with your help from the laundry room, snacks that he had saved up for from commissary, and even a stash of hooch wine that a fellow prisoner named Shithole Hank was famous for. It wasn't much, but it still felt like an escape to both of you. And by now you had worked out a system: you always met at 8pm, when you had an hour of free time before beginning to settle down for the night. Every week, you met on a different day; there was no specific pattern so the guards wouldn't catch on if they ever were suspicious. And while each week was different, you usually spent quite a bit of your alone time there making out or making love, as it was your only chance to do so without risk of being seen and getting in trouble. You could only assume that tonight would be no different.

You spent the rest of dinner munching on y/f/food, laughing with your friends, and glancing over at Yancy's table, wondering what the night might bring. After dinner was free time, and you were sneaky, but quick to make your way to the hole in the wall hidden by a shelf in a hallway that inmates and guards alike didn't spend much time in.

"Hi y/n," Yancy grinned as you entered your Secret Hideout.

"Hey you," you replied, racing into his arms and giving him a tight hug. You couldn't exactly show PDA around the prison without guards threatening to give both of you a shot (basically a warning, three of them would get you solitary confinement). Because of this, even hugs were generally saved for the hideout.