Kings of Chaos

Kings of Chaos

"I can't believe it. I CANNOT believe we're here!" my best friend gushed as we shuffled through rows of seats, trying to find ours. We were at our first concert, and we were excited to say the least. We were both almost twenty years old and neither of us had ever been to a concert before. We had tried to convince our parents to take us when we were younger, but since our moms and dads both worked, it was hard for them to make it happen. Now that we were older, we could take ourselves, so that was what we had decided on. Except that we didn't expect for our first experience to be as awesome as it ended up being.

"I can't believe these are our seats," I contributed, my mouth practically dropping to the floor. We had sixth row seats. Considering how huge the stadium venue was, that was incredible. Never in my life had I ever expected to get seats as good as these - I could never afford them. Alice and I had gotten lucky. There was a contest online where you could win two tickets to a Kings of Chaos concert, plus two backstage passes. Kings of Chaos had been our favorite band since they first started out during our junior year of high school, so of course we entered. I never won anything, so I knew I'd have no luck, but Alice won it. We squealed in high pitched tones that we didn't even know our voices could go to when we found out that we had won, and now that we were here, we were freaking out again.

"We're so close to the stage, Zo!"

"I know, and it's insane, but don't forget about these!" I reminded her, waving around the backstage pass that I was wearing around my neck. "We'll be meeting the guys!"

"As if I could forget that. You think they'll appreciate our hair?" Three out of the five members of the band had bright colors in their hair, and Alice and I put streaks in our hair to match our favorite band members.

"They better, considering the fact that we got it done specifically for tonight," I said.

Alice and I got settled in our seats and we realized that we were extremely early - there weren't very many people there with us. However, fans quickly began to file in and fill the empty seats. We got a girl in the row behind us to take some pictures of us. Alice and I held up our two-piece sign that read: Thanks for being our first concert, KOC! We specifically made it in two pieces so that we could have them sign each piece and then we'd each have a souvenir. We took a couple pictures without the sign, too. Alice and I were both decked out in black KOC t-shirts and ripped jeans. I wore pink combat boots with mine to match the pink that my dark brown hair faded into and she wore green boots to match the green that her blonde hair faded into.

After about another hour, the crowd went wild as the band came on stage. There were five members total. Daniel was blonde with black glasses and he played lead guitar, singing occasionally. Matt was also blonde and played the piano/keyboard, plus he sang. Ryan was dark-haired with streaks of blue and purple, and he played bass guitar. Sean was dark haired with the top part of his hair completely bright green, and he was the drummer (as well as Alice's favorite). Last but not least was Mark, the lead singer. He was dark-haired on the sides like Sean but the rest of his hair was bright pink. I loved every single member of the band for different reasons, but I had a thing for lead singers, so Mark was my favorite. I absolutely loved his voice, plus he was pretty hot, I had to admit. So was Sean, but Alice liked him slightly more than I did.

The whole stadium screamed as soon as they saw the band, including Alice and I. Being that we were so close, we got some amazing pictures and videos, but we had our phones away most of the time so we could actually enjoy being in the moment. I felt so lucky to be seeing the best punk rock band ever (in my opinion) live! They sounded amazing and it was really cool to sing the lyrics along with Mark, Matt, and Daniel. However, the concert itself was just the beginning of the night for Alice and I. Once it ended, we found some people who were working the show and showed them our passes.

"Follow me," one of the men said, and we followed them up some steps and backstage. It was cool enough to see the behind the scenes of the concert, but then Alice and I heard familiar voices. A few seconds later, we saw them, the Kings of Chaos, in person.

"Hey guys!" Matt greeted us with a huge smile.

"Hey!" Alice and I answered nervously, hardly able to contain our excitement.

"What are your names?" Daniel wondered.

"I'm Alice."

"And I'm Zoey." God, I was nervous.

"It's really cool to be meeting you guys," Ryan told us.

"We'd introduce ourselves, but I have a feeling you probably know who we are," Sean chuckled, practically making Alice swoon. A couple of the backstage workers took our phones to snap pictures of Alice and I as we hugged the band members. I didn't want to let go when I got to Mark. I had been dreaming of this moment for so long, and it felt amazing to actually be hugging him.

"I love your hair. Is it safe to assume that I'm your favorite? Don't worry, I won't tell the rest of the guys, so you can be honest," Mark laughed.

"Yeah, you have an incredible voice. I actually got my hair done specifically for this show. So did Alice," I admitted.

"Thanks, and that's super cool of you guys! The pink suits you," he grinned.

"I don't know if I pull it off as well as you do, but I thought I'd give it a shot," I told him.

After Alice and I talked with the guys for a few minutes, we got a big group picture with the whole band as well as individual pictures with everyone.

"Do you have anything you want us to sign, while you're here? We do have silver Sharpies if you want your t-shirts signed," Matt said.

"We actually have a two-part sign, if you guys wouldn't mind autographing that," Alice announced. We each picked up our halves and held it up to show them.

"Oh, so that was your sign! That's really cool that this was your first concert. Do you mind me asking how old you guys are?" Sean questioned us.

"Not at all. I just recently turned twenty, and Alice is turning twenty in about a month. I know we're pretty old being that this is our first concert, but we just didn't have much luck getting to them until now," I explained.

"Well, we're happy to be the first band you got to see live. Hopefully we didn't disappoint," Ryan told us.

"Oh, please! It was a fantastic show. I can't wait to come to another," Alice spoke. We talked for a while longer before it was time to leave, but before we could go, Mark stopped me.

"Hey, would you mind signing something for me?" he asked, and I was taken aback by the question.

"Are you saying YOU want MY autograph?" I giggled.

"Yeah! And your number, if you wouldn't mind. You know, for business reasons," he lied.

"Well, if it's for business reasons, why not!" He handed a pen over to me and I wrote my name and number on his arm. I couldn't believe my favorite singer had actually asked me for my number.

"Thanks. I'll shoot you a text later tonight so you'll have my number as well," he promised.

"To do business, right?" I giggled.

"Right," he lied, winking at me before Alice and I headed out. As it turned out, Sean had shown interest in Alice too. I guess dying our hair for the show really had paid off! That, or we were just incredibly lucky.

Hey guys. So, I actually was getting ready to re-read, edit, and post this when I found out the news about Daniel a few weeks ago, and I immediately closed out of the document and put it off. It was hard to handle the situation then. Of course it's still sad and the world has lost an incredible, talented person, but at this point I'm looking at the positives of Daniel's life. Obviously he was very involved in music, and especially after the guys all got their hair dyed and they took that group picture outside of the salon, I couldn't help but imagine them all in a band. So, I decided they'd be a punk rock band with dyed hair and a very punk-rock-like name (maybe, possibly, I guess? I'll be honest, I used a random band name generator for inspiration). Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this one shot now that I finally posted it. If you did, please vote for it, and leave me some comments with your thoughts, as always. Thanks for reading :)