Ignorance Is Bliss

A/N: This one shot contains spoilers for A Heist With Markiplier! Do not read if you don't want to be spoiled. If you haven't seen Heist, the video is included in this chapter, so head over to Youtube and check it out! Then come back to read this. But only if you can handle smut ;) You've been warned.

Ignorance is Bliss

It was finally time. It was the morning of October 30th. Time for the premiere of A Heist With Markiplier.

You were so excited about it that you had dreamed about it the night before. And it was finally here. You refreshed Mark's Youtube page until the new video showed up.

You smiled as it began. You smiled through the whole first video, and laughed a couple times too. And then came the first decision after alarms began to go off once you stole the special artifact: take the sneaky route down in the sewers, or go out guns blazing.

The choice was obvious to you: sneaky route. Mark complained that you were no fun, and you grinned. Down the sewers you went, and more choices came. Light tunnel or dark tunnel, where it seemed death and danger might be. But you had a feeling the light tunnel was too easy; that it might be a trick. So you chose the dark tunnel. Mark judged you, but went along with your idea.

After that, Mark wanted to split up. Multiple times. And you were stubborn. There was no way you were splitting up! That would just be dumb. At least, until you found a sign outside the tunnel you needed to go down, stating that the whole thing would collapse if more than one person went in.

You didn't want to split up, but the sign bothered you. If it was a safety hazard, maybe it would be best to split up, just this once. Just for a few minutes...so you chose to finally split up.

You heard sounds. Down a hall you went, passing pictures of characters from Who Killed Markiplier. Last of all was the actor, and his picture crumbled. Then came Dark's voice. And Dark himself.

Now your smile was bigger than it had been since you began your adventure. Dark was your favorite, and you had hoped to see him in Heist. And here he was, looking incredible in a new white suit and cool new glitch effects, posing sexily and giving sensual looks to the camera.

He mentioned that he had a game for you. That there were secrets for you to find; a code. A question mark glitched onto the screen, along with the message "ignorance is bliss". When the ending screen came, you saw that the name of the ending was ignorance is bliss. And a 7 flashed in place of the dot in the question mark for a moment. You knew you'd need to pay close attention for the rest of the Heist videos and keep track, so you got out a pen and paper and continued on with your adventure.

In a few hours, you had seen every ending, recorded every part of the code, and found a link to a website. You typed the code into the site when it asked for a password, and you gained access to behind the scenes photos, videos, bloopers, and merch.

Heist was a long process to get through, but you enjoyed every second of it! It was all you could think about, talk about, or post about for the rest of the day. And that night, you knew you were going to have trouble sleeping. You were too busy thinking about the crazy adventures you had just been on with Mark, his egos, and the other wonderful characters in the Youtube Original.

You were just about to start getting ready for bed when you noticed it. Your flickering bedroom light. It wasn't storming, and you had recently changed the bulb. It shouldn't have been flickering like that.

Then came the ringing. The creaks and groans. A whisper of a voice, speaking your name.

And then there he was. Darkiplier, in the flesh. Standing right in front of you with his hands clasped behind his back, a sinister smile on his face.