Markiplier Manor

(Y/n) = your name

(Y/f/n) = your friend's name

Enjoy! :)

Markiplier Manor

This was it. Today was the day you were finally going to do your first official investigation of a possibly haunted house. You had always been interested in the paranormal, and you had recently invested in proper equipment for ghost hunting. You knew the perfect place for your first investigation, too.

Your uncle Abe had told you about a manor that he had once visited during a get together with old friends. It was referred to as Markiplier Manor because the guy who owned it was a very rich and successful man that went by the nickname Markiplier. Markiplier had tragically died there the night that Abe had been there for the get together. In fact, he had been murdered. The police never really found an official killer, although pretty much everyone who had been at the manor that night had been considered as a suspect. Abe, however, was a detective who was convinced that he knew who the murderer was. He had tried to catch the guy lots of times, to no avail. The fact that Markiplier had been murdered and his murderer was still out there led you to believe that his spirit might be lurking around the manor still, and he might even be able to give some insight on what had happened that night and how his murderer could possibly be caught.

You were simultaneously excited and nervous as you pulled up to the manor. It truly was a beautiful place, and it was a shame that it had pretty much been abandoned since the murder. It was such a well known event that nobody had ever dared to buy the place and live there. But funnily enough, as famous as the murder was as well as the possibility for paranormal activity, no paranormal investigators had ever visited the house either. You were going to be the first.

You turned your car off and got out, opening up the trunk to get out your equipment. You had brought a lot - cameras, audio recorders, flashlights, an EMF meter, even a spirit box. You were thankful to see your best friend pull up in their car as you began to grab some of it - you were going to need some help taking it all inside.

"Hey! Perfect timing. I could use some help," you greeted (y/f/n) as they stepped out of their car.

"Damn, you came prepared," (y/f/n) commented, furrowing their brows at the amount of stuff you had in the back of your car.

"Well, of course. This is our first investigation, I want it to be a good one! Especially since we're going to be the first to investigate this place. If we find something it could be big and the world deserves to have good quality evidence of the paranormal, or at least mediocre from the equipment I was able to afford," you replied.

"Well, don't worry. I came prepared too. I've got snacks and drinks, a good mix of sweet and salty, and I got us coffee, too." You couldn't help but laugh. This was exactly like (y/f/n) to be more concerned about food than the task at hand.

"Great. We're going to need the caffeine to stay up. Spirits are usually more active later in the night, so we'll be up late."

(Y/f/n) helped you grab your equipment as well as the snacks they had brought and you headed up the steps that led to the elaborate front door.

"So, how exactly are we going to get in?" (Y/f/n) asked, a puzzled look on their face.

"There's a hidden key," you replied, moving a statue on the porch to uncover the key to the front door.

"Of course there is."

You took the key in your hand and plunged it into the keyhole. You had a strange feeling as you unlocked the door and turned the handle, and you weren't sure why. But you opened the door anyways and stepped inside, putting the equipment you were holding down on the hardwood floor.