Magic Mark

Magic Mark

"Are you ready?" one of my friends asked as we parked in front of the last place I wanted to be. Ever since our friend group of four had all turned 18, everyone had joked about how we should go to a strip club since we could get into them. I never really had any interest to go to one, even if it was just for laughs. But now, three years later, we were parked outside of a strip club, about to go into it for the first time as 21 year olds. And to make things worse, it was my birthday.

"I'll never be ready for this," I grumbled, stepping out of the car with the rest of them. I pulled at the obnoxious "Birthday Girl" sash that they made me wear along with the "21 Bitches!" bracelet. I thought it was funny earlier, but now that I was about to go into a strip club, I didn't want to bring any attention to myself. I didn't care to get a lap dance from any random guys and I didn't feel the need to watch from a distance, either, to be honest. I was going for my friends more than I was for myself, so I was glad we at least got to go to dinner at my favorite restaurant earlier.

"Oh, come on. I know you're going to have fun. If you really hate it, we can leave, but you should at least give it a chance!" my friends pestered me.

"Fine. But do I honestly have to wear this stupid sash in there? I don't want everyone knowing it's my birthday!"

"You know that even if you don't wear that in there, we'll announce that it's your special day, right?" I had begun to pull the damn thing off, but after that comment, I put it back on and even straightened it out so it was sitting just right across my body.

We all flashed our IDs at the door and they let us in, much to my dismay. We walked into a huge room full of half-naked guys on stages along with tons of girls ogling and tossing dollar bills at them. I had to admit that some of the guys were attractive, but it felt wrong to just stare at them as they stripped and danced in front of us. I knew it was their job and they were used to it, but I still found myself looking down at the ugly carpet quite a bit.

My friends were actually surprisingly tame. They didn't yell out about it being my birthday and they didn't immediately try to get someone to give me a lap dance. Sure, they made comments about the men and got me to watch them, but the craziest thing they convinced me into doing was tossing a few dollars at a couple of the guys.

"Are you having fun yet?" they asked. As much as I wanted to say that I was hating my life and I wanted to go home immediately, it wasn't quite as bad as I had expected. It was still clear that they were enjoying themselves more than I was, but I figured I'd humor them a bit more. I could handle a few more minutes.

"I'm not completely miserable."

"So you'd take a birthday lap dance?"

"No!"

They battled with me for a minute or two, trying to convince me to get one because I'd only turn 21 once and this was the perfect opportunity for me to do something crazy for once in my life. And then they saw him.

"Okay, I totally get it if you really don't want a lap dance from the other guys, but you can't possibly say no to this one." My friends might as well have been drooling with the way they looked over towards the corner of the building. I followed their gaze until I saw the man they were talking about.

His shift must have just started, because we hadn't seen him all night. He was average height with dark hair that I wanted to run my hands through. His eyes were a deep chocolate brown, and it was easy to get lost in them. He was gorgeous, and of course, his body was pretty incredible too. He wore a leather jacket (which I've always thought was hot on guys) with no shirt underneath, showing off his toned abs. His black pants were tight and didn't leave much to the imagination. I couldn't help myself - I was staring at the guy, and my friends noticed.