Chapter 1

Vidhya's pov :

The sky sank into a pool of darkness all of sudden. Loud thunder sounds echoed through my ears. Rain started pouring and I trotted to a nearby bus stop to prevent myself from getting drenched.

It was night 12:37 a.m. and I have no idea what am going to do to reach home. Everyone will be waiting for me in home. My aunt will scold me so badly if in case she was waiting to scold me instead of sleeping.

I dialled Karthik, my elder brother's number. He picked up in the first ring and I sighed in relief.

"Where are you? Did you even see what time is it? Where-"

"Come on.. Chill. You don't want to get blood pressure like uncle. Do you?", I said cut him off.

"Where are you?", He asked again.

"I'm on the bus stop near the office. I'm stuck here. I don't know why it have to rain only when I don't bring an umbrella.."

"I'll be there in ten. Stay there and if anyone dares to talk to you, just tell them you're a CBI in disguise. I'm on my way.", He said and I chuckled. The line went dead with that.

In about 10 minutes, my brother's bike halted infront of me. He was wearing a raincoat and was searching something in the pocket of the bike which is located above the fuel tank.

He took a raincoat and entended his hand to me. I grabbed the raincoat and wore it sitting in his bike holding his shoulder tightly.

"Shall I start the bike?", He asked and I nodded where he started the bike. He always asks me before starting the bike.

In ten minutes, we reached home and everyone was still awake and looked tensed. As my family is joint family, there can be many problems in a day. Mainly, my aunt, cousin and uncle is the worst.

They always don't give up on any arguments which isn't good for a joint family. My grandpa was sitting in the couch very angrily.

"What happened?", I whispered to Karthik.

"Maya took her friends here and they are drunkheads. She even called her boy besties who were already drunk while entering the house. So, grandpa got angry.", He whispered and I slowly placed my bag on table plopping in the couch beside my grandpa.

"Grandpa.. I bought something for you. Wanna see?", I asked trying to console him. I don't like when my family fights or be mood offed.

"No. You know what your cousin did? She took five of her drunhead friends in this house. Unaware today is Friday, she had chicken and mutton with them! How can I tolerate this!?", My grandpa yelled.

"Come on, it's not good for your health to shout like this. She'll not do this again. I will talk to her..", I convinced him and he looked at me slowly.

My aunt scoffed and looked at me.

"Why you're always convinced when Vidhya or Karthik talks to you? What about our kids? You love Vidhya and Karthik more than Maya, Vishal and Krithika. Why don't you love them too? Why is Maya, Vishal and Krithika your least favourite?", Aunt yelled at grandpa unaware it's literally midnight and our neighbours could be disturbed. Grandpa suddenly stood up and glared at aunt.

"Are you mad! I love all of my grandchildren equally. I care them a lot because they don't have parents with them. When Maya, Vishal and Krithika get into some problems or when they're sad, they have their parents to take care of them, support them and console them. But, Vidhya and Karthik don't have parents. I just wanted to care them like parents and not make them feel that they don't have parent's care.", Grandpa yelled and everyone in the house got up.