Chapter 24

A F T E R 3 M O N T H S

Vidhya's pov :

It's been 3 months but it was hard. These days never gave me the peace I want.

I started working so hard so that I could distract my mind from his betrayal.

When I told everything to Nisha, the first thing she did was slapping me. She said I was dumb and the next moment, she hugged me while I cries.

However that slap really made me realise that I was really dumb to believe his words.

"Vidhya, we have a meeting with Venus Group Of Companies. Since you're the project manager, you should be the one to work with them. If you want, I can-", Nisha said.

"No it's okay. If you think I should hide, how long I can? I should face this someday.. and it's going to be today. That's it.", I said and she nodded.

"I'll inform your brother anyways. I think your brother will be accompanying Madan since he's learning.", She said and I sighed.

Each time when I hear his name, I feel my old emotions gathering up which makes me impossible to not think about him.

~★~

Drinking water, I placed the bottle back in my table and I heard some noises and looked at the lift where I saw him after 3 months.

Something inside me was eating me alive and I felt uneasy. But when I saw my brother beside Madan, I somehow felt a bit relieved that Karthik will not let him hurt me.

I took a deep breath as Nisha held my hand assuring me that I'll be fine. I nodded at her as Madan stood infront of me with an evil smile.

I looked down and he chuckled.

"God, I've seen your beautiful face after so long. How you've been doing?", He asked and I was speechless infront of him as I was in the verge of crying.

"Madan, your father had sent you to discuss about the project, not to pull some unwanted stunts that would make your nose bleed.", Karthik said.

"She's the project manager, isn't she? Then we have to talk.. just shut the fuck up.", he said and Karthik chuckled.

"I don't care. Right now, you're under me and you tend to do what I say. That's what your father said, nah? Or he'll replace you with your sister. Don't you think Sia is better than you both in work and character. She's nothing like you.."

"Don't fucking talk about my sister.", Madan seethed.

"Don't you remember what your dad said. He asked me if you're capable of becoming CEO. If I tell no, he will replace Sia in your place. So, just do what I said. Keep your fucking attitude with you and focus on the project.", Karthik said and Madan remained silent.

I was surprised of how Karthik was ordering him. But, seeing the disappointment in Madan's face just gives me some kind of satisfaction.

"Let's go to the meeting, sir.", Nisha said and we walked to the meeting hall and the entire time, I looked down as I felt his burning gaze.

I felt Karthik hold my hand.

"Just calm down. He won't be able to hurt you..", he said and I nodded. Once we entered the meeting hall, Madan was ready to give a presentation about new plans to develop the project.

I sat beside Karthik because I felt a bit comfortable beside him.

"So, as you know, I'm soon going to be the new CEO of Venus Group Of Companies and I'm glad we're gonna work together in this project. Now, let me start with the presentation.", He said turning the projector on.