Chapter 51

Vidhya's pov :

I was standing outside Nisha's office because she surprisingly called me today to talk with her. I can't believe that every of my problems are fading away sooner than I thought. My best friend and my brother was back to me, me and Madan doesn't fight anymore, I didn't meet the bastard of my father after that day, and finally, I had the chance to roam around the city freely even at late nights.

It felt like my life was coming back to the right track but who knows, a single mistake can destroy everything around me, it can entirely collapse the track, just like the mistake with Madan.

He is always the one and only mistake of my life.

But his behaviour on recent days.. it's triggering my feelings. The feelings I've buried when I came to know he betrayed me, the feelings that led to such a destruction, the feelings because of which everything around me got collapsed.

However, I didn't show him much, I maintained a cold expression that was impossible for him to see through.

My chain of thoughts broke as the personal assistant of Nisha said that I could go in. I had the cheque of 5 lakhs she threw on my face that day. However she was right, I ignored everyone's words and warnings when it came to Madan. Just because of my love, I earned a lot of hate from people I love.

Isn't it irony?

She was wearing her usual business suit, and a cold look on her face that she usually give when she's angry on me.

"Your anger hasn't subsided yet. What do I do to earn your forgiveness?", I asked because I don't want to lose my precious friendship.

"You can sit.", she said and I took a seat opposite to hers.

"So.. I'm sorry.", she muttered.

"I have to be the one to say sorry because I was the one who ran behind that bastard without putting your words into consideration."

"I should've respected your choices. Your happy, right?", she asked me but I was able to see a small desperation in her voice to hear something she wanted.

"Yes, I feel better than before. He doesn't treat me bad.", I said but her expression didn't change.

"You don't have to lie for this. You can tell me what you genuinely feel about him, maybe you can apply for divorce and leave him for good.", she said.

"I know I should but I've never thought of it. There are a lot of problems going on around me and I'm trying hard to cope up with it."

"Ohh, I think that's because you work in Venus group of companies. You know, it's a big company and it might be pressuring.", she said and I shook my head.

"It's not because of the company. In fact, I have less pressure than anyone else because my highest official is none other than Madan and my father in law. So that's not a problem. I wonder how am I going to explain the whole instance after marriage in minutes."

"Then, what is the problem?"

"Someone's getting to kill me, Nisha. I don't know who it is but they badly want to kill me. Few days before, when we were coming back from the temple, some unknown people attacked us and Madan fortunately saved me from those goons. Since then, I thought it was over but last week, someone tried to attack me again in the cafe but I escaped with minor injuries since I ran to the police station before they were able to catch me. We filed a case in police station and Madan also hired some private investigators to look into it but there's no traces."

"That's so bad. Who wants to kill you so bad? You hardly had enemies.", she said with a gasp.

"You didn't see the news last week, I mean it was trending topic in the news last week."